PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dev

dispair1981
05-16-2011, 11:31 PM
I am trying to find a dev to get some tips or a point in the correct direction. I am trying to start a new EMU server for a different MMO game. at this point i guess i need to read some packets, however i do not know how to do that, I can collect them and look at them but i do not understand them. I have a middle man app to try to collect data but the client never connects all the way. BTW I am programming vb.net and would love to stay in that language. Please send me a message or reply if you are interested. Thank you!

Sikkun
05-17-2011, 06:00 PM
I don't really want to sound harsh but there is no way you are going to program a server emulator in Visual Basic.

Packet collection is more for filling a database, first you would have to build the emulator which controls all aspects of the game (damage formulas, arrgo, what happens when you attack, etc, etc, more etc). EQEmu is literally thousands of lines of code.

dispair1981
05-17-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't really want to sound harsh but there is no way you are going to program a server emulator in Visual Basic.

Packet collection is more for filling a database, first you would have to build the emulator which controls all aspects of the game (damage formulas, arrgo, what happens when you attack, etc, etc, more etc). EQEmu is literally thousands of lines of code.

I understand, I am only trying at this point to do a middle man and make the client connect threw my vb app, and then do the login server with vb. then i will work on the server with c, hoping to try to convert some of your code if it is possible to work for the wizard101 server.