PDA

View Full Version : Help with npc's and instances (potimeb)

scampbell70
06-28-2011, 07:17 PM
I just set up my own server on a ubuntu laptop so that I can mess around and learn about eqemu. I want to set up a server for family and friends to play on so there will not be huge numbers of people loging in ever. I will probably tweak the server and gear it towards solo play and single groups for raids. While I was running around on my server today I tried to #zone into plane of time B and it put me in the graveyard. I clicked out the the grave yard and could only find an NPC that was willing to port me to the bosses, however, she refused to port me because I was alone and not in a raid. How do I get around this and change it so the npc will port in a single person?

sorvani
06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
You need to update the quest script in the quest directory

Time is an instance so just zoning into it does not always get you what you want

scampbell70
06-30-2011, 10:23 AM
thank you I will give that a try.

LordAdakos
11-26-2011, 11:06 PM
I use this quest on a_time_bender in potimea:

my @players = ();
my $group;
my $instance;

sub EVENT_SAY {

my $Enter1Inst = quest::saylink("Enter Instance 1", 1);
my $Enter2Inst = quest::saylink("Enter Instance 2", 1);
my $Enter3Inst = quest::saylink("Enter Instance 3", 1);
my $Enter4Inst = quest::saylink("Enter Instance 4", 1);
my $Enter5Inst = quest::saylink("Enter Instance 5", 1);

if ($text =~/hail/i)
{
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Please make a choice:'");
$client->Message(315, "..::[POTIMEB Instance: $zoneln]::..");
$client->Message(315, "[$Enter1Inst]");
$client->Message(315, "[$Enter2Inst]");
$client->Message(315, "[$Enter3Inst]");
$client->Message(315, "[$Enter4Inst]");
$client->Message(315, "[$Enter5Inst]");

} # End hail

if ($text =~/Enter Instance 1/i)
{

$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Checking Instance 1.'");
if (defined($qglobals{"PotimeBInsta1"})) { ### IF THERE IS AN INSTANCE ASSIGNED!
$POTBInst1 = $qglobals{"PotimeBInsta1"};
quest::setglobal("POTI", 1, 5, "D1");
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst1);
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst1, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (1) now.'");
}
else { ### IF THERE ISN'T AN INSTANCE ASSIGNED, ASSIGN IT!
$POTBInst1 = quest::CreateInstance("potimeb", 0, 86400); ### Set to 1 day IN SECONDS
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst1);
quest::setglobal("PotimeBInsta1",$POTBInst1,7,"D1"); ### Set to 7 day QGLOBAL
#quest::write("InstanceLogs/POTBInst1.txt","[$timestamp] : $name has created instance $zoneln");
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst1, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Instance not created, creating and moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (1) now.'");
}

} # End Instance 1
if ($text =~/Enter Instance 2/i)
{

$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Checking Instance 2.'");
if (defined($qglobals{"PotimeBInsta2"})) { ### IF THERE IS AN INSTANCE ASSIGNED!
$POTBInst2 = $qglobals{"PotimeBInsta2"};
quest::setglobal("POTI", 2, 5, "D1");
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst2);
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst2, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (2) now.'");
}
$POTBInst2 = quest::CreateInstance("potimeb", 0, 86400); ### Set to 1 day IN SECONDS
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst2);
quest::setglobal("PotimeBInsta2",$POTBInst2,7,"D1"); ### Set to 7 day QGLOBAL
#quest::write("InstanceLogs/POTBInst2.txt","[$timestamp] : $name has created instance $zoneln");
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst2, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Instance not created, creating and moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (2) now.'");
}
} # End Instance 2
if ($text =~/Enter Instance 3/i)
{
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Checking Instance 3.'");
if (defined($qglobals{"PotimeBInsta3"})) { ### IF THERE IS AN INSTANCE ASSIGNED!
$POTBInst3 = $qglobals{"PotimeBInsta3"};
quest::setglobal("POTI", 3, 5, "D1");
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst3);
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst3, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (3) now.'");
}
$POTBInst3 = quest::CreateInstance("potimeb", 0, 86400); ### Set to 1 day IN SECONDS
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst3);
quest::setglobal("PotimeBInsta3",$POTBInst3,7,"D1"); ### Set to 7 day QGLOBAL
#quest::write("InstanceLogs/POTBInst3.txt","[$timestamp] : $name has created instance $zoneln");
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst3, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Instance not created, creating and moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (3) now.'");
}
} # End Instance 3
if ($text =~/Enter Instance 4/i)
{
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Checking Instance 4.'");
if (defined($qglobals{"PotimeBInsta4"})) { ### IF THERE IS AN INSTANCE ASSIGNED!
$POTBInst4 = $qglobals{"PotimeBInsta4"};
quest::setglobal("POTI", 4, 5, "D1");
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst4);
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst4, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (4) now.'");
}
$POTBInst4 = quest::CreateInstance("potimeb", 0, 86400); ### Set to 1 day IN SECONDS
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst4);
quest::setglobal("PotimeBInsta4",$POTBInst4,7,"D1"); ### Set to 7 day QGLOBAL
#quest::write("InstanceLogs/POTBInst4.txt","[$timestamp] : $name has created instance $zoneln");
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst4, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Instance not created, creating and moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (4) now.'");
}
} # End Instance 4
if ($text =~/Enter Instance 5/i)
{
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Checking Instance 5.'");
if (defined($qglobals{"PotimeBInsta5"})) { ### IF THERE IS AN INSTANCE ASSIGNED!
$POTBInst5 = $qglobals{"PotimeBInsta5"};
quest::setglobal("POTI", 5, 5, "D1");
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst5);
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst5, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (5) now.'");
}
$POTBInst5 = quest::CreateInstance("potimeb", 0, 86400); ### Set to 1 day IN SECONDS
quest::AssignToInstance($POTBInst5);
quest::setglobal("PotimeBInsta5",$POTBInst5,7,"D1"); ### Set to 7 day QGLOBAL
#quest::write("InstanceLogs/POTBInst5.txt","[$timestamp] : $name has created instance $zoneln");
quest::MovePCInstance(223, $POTBInst5, -36, 1352, 496); ### SENDS PLAYER POTB with COORDS
$client->Message(315, "$npc_name says, 'Instance not created, creating and moving you to [POTimeB Instance] (5) now.'");
}
} # End Instance 5

}

it seems to work welll