PDA

View Full Version : Change All Class/Race Starter zone

Apoc.Index
08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
Hello, I am wondering if anyone is able to run a system by me that might ease the pain of trying to modify 364+ Lines to set the stating zone of every race/class to tutorialb, and then if there is a simple way to lock all zones except the ones of my choosing. I know I can add a level Req to them all in zones table. But I was wondering if there is an easier way.

Thanks in advance!

Apoc

Kingmen30264
08-18-2011, 07:45 PM
What I did, was in the rule_value table, there is a rule that you can change to change the start zone. You simply go into your zone table and search by the zone name, and then go to the column labled zoneid and it use that number.

The command(s) for changing the base zones are:

World:SoFStartZoneID
World:TutorialZoneID

Those should be the two. There are a LOT of rules that you can change to your liking, you will have to just go through all 282 rules.

When you change the rules, this will not stop them from returning to thier "bind point" should they die.

You can run these codes in your DB to change the startzones for everyone by using command:

update start_zones set zone_id = 302 and x = -1480.9 and y = -1354.4 and z = 225.1;

update start_zones set start_zone = 302 and bind_x = -1480.9 and bind_y = -1354.4 and bind_z = 225.1;

#The first line changed all the start zones in my DB to to zone 302 (draniksscar) with the cords I chose

#The second line changed all my bind points, so this is where they are now auto bound should they die.

To change all of your zones that you are not using, you can change the client status of the zone(s) and then just go in and manually set the one(s) that you are wanting to use.

update zone set min_status = 250;

The status of 250 means you HAVE to have atleast a client with that status in order to go into that zone.

How to change the account status upon creation, I am not sure. I believe it has to do with the select_rank column under the start_zones table, but I am not 100% sure. Right now it is set at 50, which is enough for a few commands (Command levels can be changed via commands table).

You will just have to play around with it. But I hope this helps you just a little more in trying to get to where you are wanting.

Good Luck.

Post anything you find, as I am sure it will help someone out.

*EDIT* Not sure if this is relevant or not, but you can change the status from legit, to semi-legit, to non-legit by going into your eqemu_config.xml file and changing this line:

<defaultstatus>20</defaultstatus>

I got the information from this post (http://eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16942&highlight=nonlegit).

sorvani
08-19-2011, 09:42 AM
What you change your default status in the config file will determine what status level all new accounts get. I recommend setting it to 0, but you will STILL have to go into the commands table and adjust the status level for some of the commands. The default command selection for a status of 0 is odd in my opinion.

Apoc.Index
08-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Great info guys! worked perfect, thanks a million!

Scendera
11-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Thread necroing a little...would there be a way to add to the table to give everyone the choice of a third new starting area, the way they currently can choose between an old classic city appropriate to their race and religion and Crescent Reach?

More succinctly, if I added to the table, would it appear in the drop down or would I need to go at that some other way? Or should I just go the teleport npc near default spawn route, instead?

Expletus
11-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to make the default zone CSHOME since it's a small lil jail type area. You could then put 3 different porters or item clicks to whatever starter zone you wanted....

One of SoD, Tit and UF... could even specify a different zone w/the script of the porter.. something to think about.. just a quick work around.

Scendera
11-06-2011, 01:43 PM
That could work, if the drop down can't be added to. It's a closed server, so I'd likely go about things a bit different if it can't be added to, but something along those lines would definitely be one idea.

One (now defunct) private server I played on had tele npcs to the standard tutorial; I may just go that route since we got used to it. Easy enough to grab his spawn2 info out of the retired database, then build my own custom NPCs and fill in/edit the rest to work.

Caryatis
11-06-2011, 02:01 PM
In the time it took to make these posts, you could just have easily added a value and checked if it added to the drop down.

Making CSHome default is a pretty horrible idea considering no client comes with the files for that zone.

Scendera
11-06-2011, 02:07 PM
I've gotten myself in trouble before adding to things when I didn't understand what I was doing nearly as well as I thought I did. Wanted a bit of a reality check before I did something innocently moronic.

Player_choice seems to be somewhat incompletely documented; it says it contains an indexed list, but I have no idea where to find the names to go with numbers, to be sure I add what I actually want there.

If I did a default zone at all, it'd either be the original one room area of the tutorial, or PoK.

Expletus
11-06-2011, 02:41 PM
In the time it took to make these posts, you could just have easily added a value and checked if it added to the drop down.

Making CSHome default is a pretty horrible idea considering no client comes with the files for that zone.

Was just an idea and hooray to you for posting nothing that contributes to his initial request. Why don't you post how to add that value and where to instead of being a negative Nancy. :rolleyes:

Caryatis
11-06-2011, 03:26 PM
You do realize your post contributed nothing to his request either? lol

Kinda figured it would be obvious to change the table called "char_create_combinations". If you add a value, you can just delete it if it doesnt work. Not really anyway to break anything.

Scendera
11-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Hm, I'll have to see about updating then, I'm using an slightly older version that doesn't have that table. Thank you for your time and patience.

Expletus
11-06-2011, 06:41 PM
I offered an alternative solution which did contribute.... thanks for post how to do it. :grin:

Hool
07-09-2012, 03:31 AM
Sorry to necro this, but searching on force tutorialb start zone got me here.

Here is the SQL to send all new players to tutorialb in front of Arias and bind them there was well. (back up your start_zones table in case you want to restore some day)

UPDATE start_zones SET zone_id = 189, x = -120.25, y = -62.53, z = 18.36, start_zone = 189, bind_x = -120.25, bind_y = -62.53, bind_z = 18.36 where zone_id IS NOT NULL;

Esildor
03-07-2014, 04:03 AM
Figured it out!

Bandor
05-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Hate to necro a dead thread-but this post doesnt make much sense to me. Where do I find these rules im supposed to modify,or where do I send the mysql code to set all the start zones. Sorry for the question but this is new to me and its not making much sense.

Kingly_Krab
05-22-2014, 04:04 PM
There's a start_zones (http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?start_zones) table that you can query to set them all to the same.

Bandor
05-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Ok cool,I found the file your talking about. Next question is how exactly do I query it? Do I do it through a command prompt and if so how do i navigate to that or,do i just bring up mysql commands in a command prompt and then enter the code?

Bandor
05-22-2014, 10:02 PM
got it working thank you very much for the help.