PDA

View Full Version : After selecting character eq just freezes then boots me back to login.

Dekronoth
08-22-2011, 04:07 PM
The title says it all. ive been researching this for two days now, all day and i cannot get past character select. i have a fresh eq titanium client off of the disks, and my configs are as follows eqemu config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Deksworld</shortname>
<longname>Dekronoth's World</longname>

<!-- address has to be specified for minilogin to work -->
<address>192.168.0.3</address>
<localaddress>127.0.0.1</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>192.168.0.3</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>fdgdgdfgre43t43qtqtq</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service -->
<http port="9080" enable="true" mimefile="mime.types"/>
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini -->
<database>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>Nunyabizzness</password>
<db>eqdb</db>
</database>
</server>

LoginServer.ini:

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.0.3
loginport=5999
worldname=Dekronoth's World
worldaddress=192.168.0.3
locked=false
account=root
password=Nunyabizzness

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone
ServerPort=5999

I have the world type set to minilogin in the DB im using the latest peq sqls and eqemu binaries (with bots, cause i like the cute little guys. :3)

ive forwarded all necessary ports on my router 7000-7004 for zones and 5998-5999 for loginserver on both tcp and UDP world.exe throws no errors but the loginserver throws one: [OpCode 0x0003 (OP_Unknown) Size=11]
00000: 00 06 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00
Can anyone hep me?

trevius
08-23-2011, 02:18 AM
Have you verified you can connect to any of the public servers on the server list? That will prove if your client is working correctly and is compatible.

If it works to other public servers, then your issue most likely lies with your minilogin setup. I can't help you much there, since I never use minilogin due to its many issues. I would suggest you try making your server a public server to play from the public server list (easiest solution), or try using the EQEmuLoginServer instead of minilogin (more complex, but better than minilogin for multiple reasons). Unless you need to play offline completely, there isn't much reason to not make your server a public server. You can still lock it out so others can't join if you wish.

Capheus
08-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Below is what worked for me when I used Minilogin. Some of the stuff you have in there isn't needed, but I big one is where you should change StandAlone to MiniLogin. Also make sure you change the Logintype to MiniLogin in the variables table in the database.

This might be real anal but something to try. Change all of your IP addresses in the eqemuconfig file to 192.168.0.3

And lastly, you have to set the minilogin id in the account table in the database to the IPV4 address of the computer you are logging in from. If you are hosting on the same computer that you are going to play from, it would be 192.168.0.3 as you have your EQEmu set up from this post.

[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.1.101
loginserver2=
loginport=5999
loginport2=
worldname=
worldaddress=
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=