PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Troubles! (Used search already :( )

QueenPetals
08-26-2011, 09:02 AM
hello, I'm in the works of setting up my own server and seem to be getting the same error over and over no matter what guide i use.

"Error 2"

The exact bit looks like this:

mysql> source peqdb_rev1751.sql
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'peqdb_rev1751.sql', error: 2

Ive tried backing it up via MySQL Administrator also and says some syntax is messed up- However i am using the orginal peqdb and havent modded anything in it..
(I have no router, and for the moment i've disabled my main firewall just to test... Still no go!)
Help please?

Thank you! :)

joligario
08-26-2011, 09:10 AM
It's because you're starting mysql from a different directory than the .sql file you are trying to source.

QueenPetals
08-26-2011, 09:11 AM
How do I fix that then? I did the whole... cd c:\peq\peqdatabase thing.

PS.

Using Win7 Ult 64bit

joligario
08-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Just a heads up, 1751 is pretty old. You should use the backup from May this year (r54).

The file, db_dump.sql, will be packed inside of database_incremental.zip.

QueenPetals
08-26-2011, 09:24 AM
Thank you very much- I hate to ask but... where do I get the db dump at? (database_incremental.zip) file at?

I don't see it anywhere.

joligario
08-26-2011, 09:33 AM
You can grab it from the SVN at http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

QueenPetals
08-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh i see- Thank you very much for the help :D

*Clicks your invisible Rep button.*

rencro
08-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Theres different ways to do the import, me, I like to download the database to c:\EQEmu\db but you can put it anywhere, just for my method My Documents would not be wise. Anyways, I then start a command window from windows by going to START--RUN--I type cmd in the command box and hit enter.. I go into the command box and type cd c:\EQEmu\db

then I do dir to make sure my sql is there, in this case for you db_dump.sql, remember you downloaded that file here, or where-ever you have your db_dump.sql file...

Once I'm in the same directory as my sql, then I start mysql with mysql -uroot -ppassword

Use your actual account user name for mysql, I know I know, there will be those that pop in and say "DONT USE ROOT", whatever, set up a specific user name for mysql if you wish, the -ppassword is your password, so for instance if your user is root and password is joe it would look like this:

mysql -uroot -pjoe

after you are in mysql type use peq unless your db is named something else, but usually the db name will be peq

then type source db_dump.sql;

when its done type exit
you can close the command box

then you will need to import all the updates to come current to the release of your distribution. These will be in the c:\EQEMUDIRYOUDOWLOADEDTO\Utils\sql\svn from 1900 and up that are not listed as optional...Again many ways to do this, but for simplicity just use NAVICAT or HEIDISQL to import these into your peq database..