PDA

View Full Version : Change to ruleset or crit code?

Irreverent
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Was there a recent change like somewhere in june-now that changed the way some rules are used?

My example, on my server warriors/zerks stopped critting. After investigation of the #rule list combat, I noticed chance was listed at 0. When I went to ruleset, it was .03 for 3%. Its always been that value.

But, I went into my table, changed it to 3 (integer) and #rule reload, another list and it showed 3 now. Went into combat and worked fine.

Was there anything else changed that used to be .percent value that is now integerpercent value?

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a db update as I'd just do a compare between the rule_values to find any changes I don't recognize. :(

trevius
09-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Nope, no changes there. The field is an INT, so it doesn't take floats (using decimals) like you had it set. Since you had it set to 0.0x, it was basically just cutting off everything after the decimal and making the value 0. You can see the field types here:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/browse/trunk/EQEmuServer/common/ruletypes.h

BOOL is true or false
INT is an integer
REAL is a float that can use a decimal