PDA

View Full Version : Bots- Can create them but cant have them?

shilayley
09-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Hi! I was wondering what it took to get bots? I can create them and they show under #bot list but when I go to summon them it says I dont own any bots. I have copied my map files and put it in just about every folder saying Maps. lol! I remember being told you need to have maps put in peq map folder. Well I did the maps but still a no go. Anything I did or did not do or need to do?

Thanks in advance!

Sonja....

lerxst2112
09-05-2011, 10:58 PM
#bot summon will teleport an already spawned bot to where you are.
#bot spawn <name> will spawn a bot from your list of created bots.

shilayley
09-06-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry. Thats what I meant. #bot spawn tells me too that I dont own any bots.

lerxst2112
09-06-2011, 02:09 AM
What is the exact error you get? If it is "You cannot spawn any bots." then you have the bot quests enabled and have to raise your limit by doing the quests Aediles Thrall in the bazaar offers, or change the rule.

shilayley
09-08-2011, 10:10 PM
I have bots now. Thanks! before i was using and older version of eqemu and I didnt remember having to do a quest for bots but maybe I did. Now I can work on why I cant get my server to go public and why I or my son cant see servers when EQ is started. Until I can get my server out there I would like him to be able to try EQ on sombody elses server for awhile.

His laptop wont have eqemu on it. Just EQ. Or does he have to be running that too to see the other world servers? Would be sweet if somebody made this program more automated. Have a window pop up asking you to fill out the required fields and the program will do the rest. Either play private or public. I get frustrated trying to edit this file and that. Then try to remember what you did edit wrong if you made an error. Like on my previous post. "So simple yet so hard..."

When I try to log my son in it gives a DB error. So to me that could mean many things. All I need him to be able to do is start EQ and then choose what server he would like to play on. argh! Maybe somebody with some time could walk me thru things slowly by E-mail? I dont think the forums would enjoy reading it. Unless they going to laugh at me. lol!
:???: If anyone would like to try and walk me thru this by E-mail its Shilayley@yahoo.com...

I am getting desperate and rdy to call it quits. :(