PDA

View Full Version : Skills Question

Jujubeez
09-06-2011, 04:02 PM
I had a thread going in the server support about customizing skills and if it was possible. Eventually I got the info I needed and yes you can add skills to a class and change existing values etc. Adding a skill involves changing code, I plan to make a post on it as soon as I get done making changes. It's not too hard.

My question relates to the skill_caps table. Basically to add a new skill to a class there's 3 things you have to do. 1. Edit the skillcaps.txt file in the resources directory in the client (only available on SoF client) 2. Edit the skill_caps DB to match the text file and 3. edit the mob.cpp file. While editing the skills I messed up a query and ruined a couple classes skill values. I tried copying over the values from another database instance for that table and after inspecting I noticed some oddities. For example Druid dodge doesn't cap at 75, it scales up 3 points a level until like 200 something. I don't KNOW if these were the original values before I screwed the table up. They are however wrong and I don't understand why. A druid dodge should stop at 75. I tried looking through the sql updates to see if maybe one of those had modified the values but so far nothing. Were these values messed up from the get go, or have I missed some sort of update?

Akkadius
09-06-2011, 04:14 PM
I had a thread going in the server support about customizing skills and if it was possible. Eventually I got the info I needed and yes you can add skills to a class and change existing values etc. Adding a skill involves changing code, I plan to make a post on it as soon as I get done making changes. It's not too hard.

My question relates to the skill_caps table. Basically to add a new skill to a class there's 3 things you have to do. 1. Edit the skillcaps.txt file in the resources directory in the client (only available on SoF client) 2. Edit the skill_caps DB to match the text file and 3. edit the mob.cpp file. While editing the skills I messed up a query and ruined a couple classes skill values. I tried copying over the values from another database instance for that table and after inspecting I noticed some oddities. For example Druid dodge doesn't cap at 75, it scales up 3 points a level until like 200 something. I don't KNOW if these were the original values before I screwed the table up. They are however wrong and I don't understand why. A druid dodge should stop at 75. I tried looking through the sql updates to see if maybe one of those had modified the values but so far nothing. Were these values messed up from the get go, or have I missed some sort of update?

I plan on implementing a rule to ignore Live class skill restrictions for these very soon. And probably a Perl script to generate the skills table entries per skill type.

I'll let you know.

As far as restoring your skills, here:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=200776&postcount=6

ChaosSlayerZ
09-06-2011, 04:59 PM
yeah an automated system to fill up skill table up to level 200 would be nice ;)

Or perhaps a stand alone program that creates a .txt file with this values, which can be sourced into the table

but question remains, does giving classes new skills (DW for casters for example) ONLY possible for SoF+ clients, or can it be done for Titanium?

Caryatis
09-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Maybe you should try it and answer a question Chaos... crazy I know.

Jujubeez
09-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Even in that sql file it has druid dodge going up to 220 or whatever. Is that how it is on live? I know I keep mentioning one particular skill but I think it's representative of some other similar errors. Like shaman is the same way.

Tabasco
09-06-2011, 05:48 PM
SQL procedure for this.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=194928&postcount=4

lerxst2112
09-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Even in that sql file it has druid dodge going up to 220 or whatever. Is that how it is on live? I know I keep mentioning one particular skill but I think it's representative of some other similar errors. Like shaman is the same way.

I just logged my druid in on live. In the skills windows it shows 90/255 at level 65. The cap probably was lower at some point or my skill would be higher than 90, but it is not now. The same for defense which I had maxxed at 200 when I stopped playing, but the cap is 255 now.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Tabasco - Ingenious, thanks! ;)

Caryatis - I suppose "cooperation" is not a word in your vocabulary... crazy, right?

Akkadius
09-06-2011, 06:28 PM
SQL procedure for this.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=194928&postcount=4

Basically was going to do the same thing in Perl, nice grab Tabasco.

trevius
09-07-2011, 04:45 AM
Please only make support threads in one of the support sections, not General Discussion or Server Discussion (etc).