PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with cheaters and restrict to Titanium?

Jooma
09-11-2011, 09:52 PM
Hello, I have a new server up and am wondering two things that I haven't been able to find out on my own.

1) Cheaters. Twice now I've had people join my server and make themselves max level. I don't know how they did it, but I've deleted their characters and banned the account. I'd like to know how to prevent this or what I overlooked.

2) Restricting client version. Is there any way to restrict what version of the game people can join with? I'd like to restrict to Titanium only if possible.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer.

Apoc.Index
09-11-2011, 10:09 PM
First I would check your commands table, and set every command you dont want people to have access to to say 25, I beleive the default access level is 20. They may have access to the #level command.

As far as client restriction, you would need to get rid of your client patches in the server folder and source folder. This will prevent the server from accepting any other client except the titanium one (leave that patch in there).

(I think this should work, but im not 100% positive. Never done it myself)

Apoc.

Expletus
09-13-2011, 11:19 PM
If you are not setting their access level through your eqemu_config.xml you should do that to prevent them from getting the GM powers.

It's like halfway down, <defaultstatus>0</defaultstatus> is what it should be.

Jooma
09-14-2011, 08:13 AM
The status information was very helpful, thanks guys.