PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

saarr
09-12-2011, 02:09 PM
A little about me, i grew up and still currently live in washington state. My sister and I started playing a week after ruin of kunark was released. I started out just playing a couple hours here and there, but as luclin open i got addicted more and more. I went from 6 hours a week playing to 15 hours a week, and got a friend addicted at the same time. As time grew on PoP opened up and my friend and I started duoing content as we could between sshra and other moon zones as well as hitting tier 1 planes (at that time you had to be flagged for teir 2 and above) so we duoed PoD and PoN. Once the flagging rule came out of the picture soe opened most zones except ele planes and solro tower and torment and of course time. Once Triality broke into time (took Triality and Caer Cadarn both to beat the rathe) a few members got upset at the guild focus and started another guild. That guild i was a founding member in and started my raiding career. We started with luclin raiding and moved on to PoP raiding, I was a sk and was the only tank for most of luclin and most of PoP. When it was time for rathe we helped some other guilds beat rathe since they could not do it.

I spent 8 years worth of raiding, everything from kunark to SoD when i quit. I was a skilled boxer(of multiple toons) my fondest moment in eq was when i 3 boxed rathe while leading my guild playing my bard, sk, cleric, my sk tanked 2 rathe while my cleric healed and my bard split the rathe so the monk could bring it to the raid. Another time was watching my guild wipe to shyra with 40+ toons, so me and my 5 toons and friend with 4 toons and 2 other friends with 4 toons total, and we tried shyra and in the process found a loop hole with the quest and could farm shyra 5 to 6 times in a few hours every night(shyra lockout is 3 to 5 days normally once she is killed) so we were able to upgrade all toons rapidly without much difficulty.

Near the end i was up to boxing 5 toons and was just getting bored not raiding so i quit. Near the end i used mq and was writing scripts for that and did compiling for my friends and me. If you guys need help on events from live i remember almost all of them, i hope to help this community as much as i can i love eq every aspect of it even the bugs and loop holes.