PDA

View Full Version : AA help

saarr
09-12-2011, 04:00 PM
hi i have been trying to add in aa's past GoD expansion and i am getting unknown string numbers and most of the time the aa is greyed out. I was wondering if there is another place to add in the aa's other then the 3 or 4 tables in the database and the AA.h source file? This is a SoD client just so you know.

Caryatis
09-12-2011, 05:03 PM
Clients get information on AA data from the dbstr_us.txt file(in your EQ client install directory).

For all non Titanium clients the link between the AA and the information in that file is the "sof_next_field" field. So if you see 450 in that field, then look in your dbstr_us file for the 450 entries(will be like 450^1^aaaa, 450^2^bbb, etc).

^1^ = is the name of the AA
^2^ = is the first line of the button(for activated AA)
^3^ = is only used for AA buttons that require 2 lines(because of long name)
^4^ = is the description you see in the AA window

To link the button with the button text, you need to add 450(in this example) to the hotkey1 and if required hotkey2. Basically just look at other working AA and put 2 and 2 together.

The AA.h file is 100% not needed unless you are going to be using the GetAA() function on those AAs, if your AAs are using the bonus system(as they should be) then its only necessary for rare AA.

saarr
09-12-2011, 05:24 PM
K so i have been right so far the info is spread out a lot on here on the website.

an example of 1 aa straight from dbstr.txt that produces aa that can be bought but has all unknown db string 0-1 in the info and does not make a button.
4836^1^Grappling Strike
4836^2^Grappling
4836^3^Strike
4836^4^This ability deals little damage but enables you to pull your enemies towards you in battle.

i have also run across other unknown db string like 0-8 and 4-1.

just trying to see if it was my doing or something else.

edit:ok i was wondering what that sof_next colum was for, so it is the aaid i need to put in if it was a none titanium client right?

Caryatis
09-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Titanium uses the description field and sof uses the next field. So enter the dbstr ID in both and it will work with both(I think, I dont develop for titanium since its absolutely the worst client available, and if you are adding new activated AA then you need to make sure all the spell IDs are under 9999, etc... too limiting for people too lazy to DL a real client).

AAs wont be activated unless you specify a spell_type(ie recast timer ID).

Its too involved to get into all the little tricks, so just look at a working AA and see why all the fields are the way they are and then apply that to the new AA.