PDA

View Full Version : Alternate Bazaar

Randymarsh9
09-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Is it possible to make another zone capable of having bazaar like functions? Like being able to do /bazaar and browse people selling items, or can that only be done in that specific zone?

ChaosSlayerZ
09-13-2011, 09:06 PM
i know that trading place is determined by:

-special "door" surface you need to be standing on (which can be added anywhere)
-the zone you in needs to be properly flagged in zone table

From what people were speculating, any zone can be turned into bazaar with those 2 properly set up.

I always wanted to do that, but just never got around it

Randymarsh9
10-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I can't seem to find anything in the database or in the source that would let me change another zone to be like The Bazaar.

ChaosSlayerZ
10-06-2011, 10:46 PM
this is what I see in changelog file

==01/26/2011==
Derision: Support for door opentype 57 (instant intra-zone portals which don't require the client to click, such as in the bazaar).

Note: For opentype 57, the client automatically sends the click when the player moves onto the portal.

Optional SQL, to set the bazaar portal discs to type 57 (they are type 58 in the PEQ database, but collects show they should be type 57):

update doors set opentype = 57 where zone = 'bazaar' and name = 'PORTAL_DISC';

so start with placing a new door flat on the ground, set it to type 57, then stand on it, and try entering trader mode, and see what happens.

Randymarsh9
10-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I believe those doors are just the ones that teleport you between halls and aren't actually involved in bazaar functions

sorvani
10-07-2011, 12:06 AM
You are correct those are the teleport platforms for the new bazaar zone.
Try 153 or 155. Those are the two types used on most of the door objects in the zone.

ChaosSlayerZ
10-07-2011, 12:10 AM
yeah my bad, didn't noticed those are for portal disc.
155 should do the trick

Baruuk
10-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Did you get this to work? I'm curious at the notion. Would be interesting to see if you could make some other (smaller) zone the bazaar, for convenience sake.

Randymarsh9
10-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Well, I made doors that were type 153 and used the same name as the ones in bazaar, but I do not actually see anything in-game. Also, it still doesn't say anything if you do /bazaar or /trader standing where they are said to be in the database.

Derision
10-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I always thought that the client checked the zone ID (Bazaar = 151), before it allowed the bazaar functionality, but just glancing at it now, it appears it may be checking some unknown flag that is possibly sent in the OP_NewZone packet, in which case we should be able to enable bazaar support in other zones.

On further inspection, the flag that the client checks to enable bazaar functions in zone 151 is hard-coded in eqgame.exe. I'm not aware of any way to override it.