PDA

View Full Version : Zone.exe crashes after updating QUESTS folder

Vincire
09-18-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm having a problem with Zone.exe crashing upon character login after I updated the QUESTS folder via SVN. I'm not seeing any errors other than the crash behavior. The crash occurs only after a character logs into the zone and so far, no character is able to achieve a connection once I update the QUESTS folder. Removing the content of the folder restores the ability to log into the server.

Environment

Perl: Activestate 5.12 (can't get 5.10)
EMU: Latest Version W/Bots (Works Great without QUESTS)

Any insight would be appreciate.

lerxst2112
09-18-2011, 09:42 PM
Look in your logs for errors. Are all of the characters you have tried logging into the same zone?

Vincire
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
Yes.

They are all logging into the newbie cave zone. I've checked the logs and found nothing unfortunately.

I am wondering if this issue might be caused by the version of Activestate I am running?

lerxst2112
09-19-2011, 03:30 PM
It could be that version of Perl, or it could be something completely different. I know there are others using 5.12 that have said they are working, but they may not have the same version of the quest files that you do.

Try logging into a different zone, and if that works then you can try narrowing it down to a particular file in the tutorialb directory.

Vincire
09-20-2011, 06:25 PM
This issue persists for me. The zone crashes regardless of which zone I log into :(