PDA

View Full Version : low pop server - suggestions for DB changes

Rhodan
09-18-2011, 09:15 PM
I`m setting up a server that will have, at most, one or two groups and most of the time people will be solo with bots.

I haven`t played the emulator for years so I don`t have a feel for the difficulty using peq. How close would you say it is to live as far as soloability goes?

What things would you suggest changing in the DB to make the game more solo and single group friendly? I realize raid mobs will have to be special cases but in general, what would you change?

I did read the solo server article in the wiki but that makes the server no challenge at all! I don`t want to be able to mow through mobs at supersonic speeds but I do want to be able to solo blues at level 50 without having to resort to being only a kiting class.

Some thoughts I had:

Reduce cost of vendor items by 50% - EQ was always too bloody expensive

Set hitpoints of all mobs to 50% of current (will have to tweak for special case mobs)

Set min damage and max damage from mobs to 50% each

Set AC of all mobs to 50%

It`ll take a while to figure out which mobs need more nerfing or less nerfing of course.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-18-2011, 09:26 PM
do reduce mobs dps, AC and resists, but do not lower hps, otherwise your DoT casters will become very underpowered compared to nukers and meleers

Rhodan
09-18-2011, 10:19 PM
That makes sense. And I`ll have to be careful to tune the resist and AC changes or melee/caster balance will be messed up.