PDA

View Full Version : Editing AAs

bodi
09-30-2011, 04:30 PM
On my progression server, melees are underpowered compared to casters since the old world didnt have a lot to help melees until later expansions. So one of the ways I thought of to balance it temporarily is to edit the "Intensity of the Resolute" veteran AA. I would like it to +crit and +accuracy and +avoidance and maybe tiny haste or something and have it reusable every 5 minutes. I can't find where to edit the AA and how to modify the +crit values etc. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Bodhi
GM - Nagafen's Lair

lerxst2112
09-30-2011, 05:26 PM
AAs still confuse me a bit with how all the tables connect together, but I believe this will do what you want.

The effect is just a spell, so if you want to change that you need to edit the spell. It's id 6886.

To change the reuse time you need to edit two places in the database.
UPDATE altadv_vars SET spell_refresh = (5*60) WHERE skill_id = 1377;
UPDATE aa_actions SET reuse_time = (5*60) WHERE aaid = 1377;

Replace 5 with however many minutes you want the reuse time to be.

Caryatis
09-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Just a side note, the refresh time in altadv_vars is the time displayed to the client and the one in aa_actions is what the server uses, so when the button refresh doesnt match the red text thats where the problem is.

The trickiest thing about AAs is they use 2 different storage methods. In aa_actions, it lists the ID(this corresponds to altadv_vars.skill_id) and rank separately. However in aa_effects it uses an absolute ID(this is altadv_vars.skill_id+rank... so rank 3 of AA #100 would be aaid 102).

If you have specific questions, ask away.