PDA

View Full Version : LDoN merchant

Expletus
10-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Not sure what I am doing wrong as I've compared it to other ldon merchants, but my custom merchant with custom loot will not appear in the purchase window. The items are flagged as Price, sellback, sold, theme, and type.

The merchant is flagged as an adventure merchant as well. Is there some issue with having a platinum and guild tribute price / favor along with the LDON flag? Seems no matter what I change with the price/favor/ combos it just refuses to show up in the adventure window.

Emmeric
10-04-2011, 10:30 PM
LDoN merchants are class 61. You need to change them to a class 41 if you are using George's NPC editor. Then use the merchant editing dropdown option .Load the merchants, find your now non-LDoN merchant, add the items to him as if he were a regular merchant, then change his class back to 61 in the main window after loading the items.

Expletus
10-04-2011, 11:30 PM
It worked... but what happens when I want to add more items to the list, do I just revert it back to a normal merchant, add items then change it back to a ldon?

lerxst2112
10-05-2011, 12:34 AM
Try it and see. :)

Emmeric
10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
It worked... but what happens when I want to add more items to the list, do I just revert it back to a normal merchant, add items then change it back to a ldon?

Yep, just repeat the process.

Emmeric
10-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Now I have a question about LDoN merchants... so if anyone knows...

You can sell-back an adventure-point purchased piece of gear. You can also add things to the LDoN merchant as i indicated above.

However, I have been unsuccessful in getting the LDoN merchant to buy augments that drop in the adventures, say like the +2 strength augs.

I go into the old edit (George's Item editor), set the LDoN price on the aug (my test aug was 6 adv pts) and set the aug as LDoN Sold. That didn't work. Made sure there was a "ldon buyback" rate - there was - and even set the theme the same as a piece I recently sold back = 16.

Still no offer to purchase augs.

I know I usually miss the seemingly simplest things, so what simple thing am I missing here? :-D

Expletus
10-06-2011, 12:18 AM
I wish I knew. My merchant did buy back the gear it sold me, however it's still offering me 2500 points but only gives me 350 of 450 I have set... :?

Emmeric
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
There's a buyback rate in there somewhere (don't have it open right now). Sounds like you may have it set too low. The lower the buyback rate, the less they pay, so a 25 in that field isn't a 25% discount, but a 25% of total price buyback.

Not sure if the global rules also factor in. I believe there is a merchant variable in the rules table of the database.