PDA

View Full Version : DB spawns MOVING and going to old scripts!

bodi
10-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I have put so many things in guild lobby. When i log in sometimes, one of the GM's i added will just be missing.... I go to another zone where I put a translocator and it will be a Guildleader there.... I put bats everywhere in GL.... Sometimes they just line up on a wall.

Randomly, i hail a translocator and it runs the quest script from a week ago...
Why is this happening?
ARRRGGHHH!!

I #spawn Translocator , then #npcspawn create, then #repop, then add his quest , then #reloadpl and it works. Then, for some random reason, he ends up in another zone or another place later.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

revloc02c
10-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Wow. That is weird. It's hard to know what the cause might be without some more info. Do you have a way of examining the database?

Try something like:
Place an NPC
Check the database for his spawn info
When he moves check the database again for the spawn info and see what changed if anything

Also, I am wondering how many things you have put into the guildlobby? Is it like dozens, hundreds, thousands, or even more?

bodi
10-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I've put less than 20 things in there.

Long ago, I added more gators and SG's to oasis.
Now, sometimes I will add a priestess to guildlobby, and NPC create says successful, but she doesnt appear on repop. BUT, i find her in oasis days later!

One thing that happened is that about a week ago I re-sourced npc_types table of my peq db because I didnt like the way I did scaling.

Still , though, I sourced it from a brand new day 1 db, so how are there still fragments of old npc_types in there? Do your merchants and created NPCs go in another DB table other than NPC types?

I didnt think so, because after I re-sourced npc_types, ALL of my custom npc's were gone.

LMK if you what's going on or even to take a stab at it!

BooPlumb
10-12-2011, 11:09 AM
What I do is create an NPC in peqeditor then spawn it with npcspawntype then do npcspawn add and #repop and never have a problem if that helps, so maybe try npcspawn add instead of create since you already have a created npc and see how it goes.

revloc02c
10-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Not sure if you are aware of this, but when you spawn an npc there are four tables involved: npc_types, spawngroup, spawnentry, and spawn2. So re-establishing the npc_types table will only purge NPCs you created. Any existing NPCs that you spawned in other places/zones will still exist in the other tables and will still be spawned. Maybe I am talking down the wrong avenue, but I hope that helps.

bodi
10-12-2011, 01:22 PM
welll.... shit.
lol thanks

bodi
10-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Any way to fix this after the fact?

revloc02c
10-13-2011, 11:51 PM
Not sure what you are asking, what is it you want to fix?