PDA

View Full Version : Server kicking others out?

Titansfinest
10-18-2011, 08:39 PM
I have my server up and running just fine, and it is displayed in the eqemu login server; but when any of my friends attempt to connect the client just resets back out to the login. I saw that the official FAQ mentions an issue like that but its fix didnt help. Any ideas?

trevius
10-19-2011, 05:02 AM
As the FAQ says, make sure you have the correct port ranges forwarded on your router, and also make sure you don't have a firewall on your PC (windows firewall, etc) that is blocking them. Try disabling all FWs and see if that helps so you can identify the cause.

Titansfinest
10-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Okay, I checked all of my ports, made sure there were no network interfering or firewall programs running, and i even tried a different router and nothing works.

I cant figure out what i did wrong so I'm going to try a different config file and maybe that will help. Any other ideas would be awesome. Below I'm going to type what the error says when trying to connect to my server (MythicEQ) for people not on the server machine.

Note: I have tried doing a fresh install of Titanium on two different boxes as well as just ghosting my copy onto the other 2 computers and nada.

Error Title: Everquest Windows - Application Error
The instruction at 0x1001c6v referenced memory at 0x00000018. the memory could not be read.

Titansfinest
10-19-2011, 11:20 PM
So i just re-read my post and fixed all of my own problems.. sometimes you just have to talk these things out =)

revloc02c
10-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Sooo....real glad you got it working, but what did you do? How did you fix it?