PDA

View Full Version : Making server soloable

provocating
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
I would like an end goal of a server that is soloable without BOTS. Maybe having weekends allowing a group of BOTS, but not even sure on that. I tried just running a few queries I found that would reduce the mobs hp/ac, resist and damage but I am thinking that this could have a counter effect and possibly effects that I do not even know about. One would be that mobs would of course be weaker and hit for less damage but the spell damage they would put off, and the procs would still be full power. Not to mention of the fact this would lower the stats of player pets, that would really not balance out well.

Anyone done this easily ?

werebat
11-24-2011, 10:03 PM
I run a private server and was thinking of doing a similar thing. Mob hp and damage reduced by 20%. PC xp increased by 20%. The pets might be affected (not sure) but the PC would not so it should balance ok.

Soloing becomes difficult when you get gangbanged by several mobs at once. I expect the above reductions would make it more survivable yet keep it challenging. I used 20% off the cuff but will adjust as needed.

provocating
11-24-2011, 10:22 PM
I changed my query to not effect the pets, seems to work.

daerath
11-25-2011, 11:22 AM
I changed my query to not effect the pets, seems to work.

I suspect it'll be more involved. You'll have to tweak things like Cazic Touch and NPC spells or you'll still get a first class beatdown from bosses. You'll also need to consider encounters like Xegony (or any scripted encounter with adds and/or named adds). You may have a soloable server for normal encounters, but an add wave on Xegony would still annihilate you unless you have specifically tuned that encounter.

Summons, banish, door locks, etc. would also need tweaks to make all areas accessible.

For pet classes, consider updating the pet stats and abilities to make them tougher. You can add combat abilities to them (backstab, rampage, quad, etc.)

IMO, you should spend some time on Irreverent Server (http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverinfo&worldid=772). The owner has done some fantastic work making the game soloable.

LordAdakos
11-25-2011, 12:24 PM
We are running a "mostly" soloable server at Nagafen's Lair. Come check it out and talk to the staff about the changes made, we'd be happy to talk to you =)

content: door locks removed, spells edited manually,pets +, npc pet summnons off, npc hp ac dmg /resists/stats down to about 30%