PDA

View Full Version : Questions about making a Semi-Classic RP Server

EQstarr
12-07-2011, 05:19 AM
I would like to start building a roleplaying server for EQ which would be focused more on trilogy content, but would have some elements of other expansions such as Luclin and PoP. Elements that would not take away from the classic feel of the game such as traveling by boats. I have a few questions to start off with:

1) Would it be better for me to start with the AX_Classic Database and integrate elements of future expansions that I want into it? Or is it better for me to work with the PEQ database, lock things out that I don't want or need, and change zones like Lavastorm back to the old version?

2) How can you change the name of the languages? I believe Live changed the Common Language to Human Language and only gave Humans a max skill in it for the RP server there.

3) Once I begin work on the server, will I be able to update the database when there are updates to either AX-Classic or PEQ without destroying any customizations that I've made?

mixxituk
03-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Hey! It seems we share similar ideas to this - would you like to contact me about a server?

I've setup a testing server to begin configuration and a website at http://eqemurp.wordpress.com and i'm also speaking to a few existing RP communities about joining up

Hopefully we can knock something classic together and see where it goes!

louis1016
03-11-2012, 09:34 AM
I've actually began some work on classic changes for my private server which id be happy to donate to this project. I have redone the peq spellfile to have p99 spells and spell levels and I have modified npc stats in some zones based on an old showeq packet collect with classic/kunark mob levels/hp. I also have modified the resist code to be more classic like but im still tweaking it. Id also help work on anything else for this server send me a pm

mixxituk
03-11-2012, 10:47 PM
That sounds great does the npcs use the new spells too?

I've got the server up at the moment it's "Roleplay" Legends (site is on the post above)