PDA

View Full Version : Bot Heal Command and Torches

EQstarr
12-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I looked over the bot commands several times, but I was not able to find a simple command to tell the bots to heal. Isn't there a command #bot healme, #bot healtarget or something like that?

I figure the bots are supposed to heal automatically, but they heal the mobs instead of myself or anyone in my group.

I also notice a couple of other things:

1) Each bot seems to carry a torch of some kind. You can't see it, but they brighten the area. The more bots you add, the brighter it gets. Is there anyway to remove that?

2) Each bot I create and spawn has chest, arms, and legs set at blue. I use the armorcolor command to change it to normal, but the minute I zone or have to respawn them they are back to blue.

I'm using rev 2068.

bad_captain
12-09-2011, 12:10 PM
1- try updating to latest. we've had this problem before and fixed.
2- I've never noticed it. I can't think of why this would occur.
3- Make sure all sql is sourced in. check the update for equipment colors to see if there's something that doesn't match up. Also, bots shouldn't come with any equipment, so there shouldn't be any tinting. Something isn't set up right.

I'm not a big fan of having a #bot heal command. The ai should be improved so that that command is not needed.

revloc02c
12-09-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm not a big fan of having a #bot heal command.

I am not trying to flame you or start an argument, but I am curious as to why you feel this way.

bad_captain
12-09-2011, 02:57 PM
Bots are supposed to be as similar to real players as computerly possible, good and bad. Even if its not an instant heal (like #heal), I think being able to directly tell bots to heal you or a target feels like taking bots beyond what they're supposed to be... Who hasn't been with a cleric asleep at the wheel or who casts the wrong spell at the wrong time? It happens.

I have a lot of issues I would like to see fixed with bots, but cleric group healing isn't really one of them. My cleric can keep my tank healed pretty well up through EP without cheal chains. She casts complete heal when she should, fast heals when needed, group spells where appropriate. But that's my opinion. If I wanted to heal every time, I would play a cleric, not a mage. Plus I'm too busy playing crowd control to worry about healing.

GurkhaPanzers
12-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Here is what I would do with #bot heal

I would make several commands
#bot healtime
#bot healfast
#bot healcomplete

Put in a random 0-1.5 second delay then have bot cast said spell type

That way it isnt mana free or instant nor 100% reliable.

For example how often on live would u cast heal over time on puller or main tank before engagement with the enemy, same could be done this way as well as the wake up sleeping "player" to get a heal.

EQstarr
12-10-2011, 11:38 AM
On Live you could ask for a heal and most of the time get it. If we're going for realism, couldn't we still have a "heal" command that has a % chance that you would get what you asked for? Sometimes it'll be a quick heal and other times a full heal. And then there are those few times where the cleric wasn't paying attention...

pheroux
02-01-2012, 07:45 AM
I experienced the same problem with bots chest, arms, and legs set at blue. The first set of bots I created while in Greater Faydark were fine but the next day when I created another set of bots on another character in butcherblock their armor was blue.

Also, I did experience the bots healing the mobs once. After a couple hours of playing all of a sudden the cleric decided he wanted to heal the mobs instead of the group. I don't know why.