PDA

View Full Version : Zoning problems

VioletWolf
12-09-2011, 11:55 PM
I use a dual core pc and did the thing suggested in the stickies, which helped a little..but I can't zone, the game freezes for 10 minutes and never loads and usually I have to reboot the entire game to just to get from one zone to another, there are other issues, but mostly the hardest thing for me is going into another zone...any help or advice would be appreciated..thanks

lockjaws
12-10-2011, 01:28 AM
Which Client are you using?
Titanium, SoF, SoD, Underfoot, HoT

Are you playing on your own server or someone else's server?

If playing on your own server go into your server folder and look for the logs folder check for logs related to world, zone and any others that have errors

example c:\eqemu\logs\eqemu_error_zone_4560.log
example c:\eqemu\logs\eqemu_error_world_4560.log

post any errors you have relating to zoning.

Check to make sure your firewall is not blocking your client or zones.

Are you or have you in the past used any different servers custom files in your client as having old outdated and incorrect custom server files can affect clients.

VioletWolf
12-10-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm playing on the Hidden Forest server, and I'm using SoF...I usually have to close down and restart when zoning often. I also get the game to lose connection to the server often, where everything appears to be working until I try to talk with an npc or cast a spell and nothing happens. I'd appreciate any advice, thanks

wolfwalkereci
12-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I recommend you create a help topic at http://www.thehiddenforest.org/index.php , responses are quick and if you search the forum you might find your solution already posted from a previous persons issue.