PDA

View Full Version : Drop rates for 100+item LootDrops

Burningsoul
12-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Not wanting to threadjack provocating's post, it got me wondering. Suppose I make a lootdrop that contains more than 100 items. Say it's all the items that start with Cosgrove.

In the phpeditor, if I balance the loot list, many get set to 0.0% chance to drop. If I didn't balance them, the overallchance was somewhere in the 465% range. Is that the same as just setting a higher multiplier, since we've exceeded 100% chance to drop? Or does it just fubar the drop?

Just wondering.

cavedude
12-19-2011, 01:03 AM
You can't have more than 100 items in the lootdrop_entries table and expect it to work correctly. The chance column is a tinyint, not a float so it can't have decimals. The most you can have is 100 items, at 1% each. I am not sure what the actual in-game behavior would be, but I can guarantee that not all the items would drop.

Burningsoul
12-19-2011, 02:21 AM
Many thanks Cavedude, good to know! This of course isn't an issue, as it's very easy to just make additional lootdrops should I exceed the 100 item limit.

Shiny151
12-26-2011, 02:41 PM
Another solution to this...couldn't you also create an exact duplicate spawn of the mob and assign him another table with an additional 100 items?

provocating
01-05-2012, 01:11 AM
I am not sure why you would want to duplicate the mob, just adding another lootdrop would suffice.

Ultimately I found a resolution to my problem on the Defiant drops, and it is definitely working.

Crazy thing though, I have not been on live in probably 5+ years. I logged on last week, went to a favorite stomping grounds in Dreadlands. Anyone remember the Ridge areas ? Wow that brought memories of 30 people on the ridge at Karnor's Castle in the Dreadlands. Of course it was deserted on live but I was there just killing mobs and a Defiant dropped off a trash mob....insane.