PDA

View Full Version : Nektulos Forrest

phis2017
12-19-2011, 02:53 PM
Hey Folks,
I was wondering if there was any definitive answer on fixing the Nektulos Forrest. I have built my server on the latest database and executables. The folks that are logging into my server are all Titanium clients. Right now when anyone tries to zone into Nektulos, the zone is black and it raining mobs! I've read through many of the threads on the topic, and the general consensus it to rename the nektulos.eqg file on the client which when I tried it, it does work, but has there been any new developements on how to deal with this problem?? I really didn't see anything, but the searching capabilities on this forum are very limited and lots of irrelavant results are retuned..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cavedude
12-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Renaming nektulos.eqg is how you deal with the problem :) Titanium uses Nektulos v2 by default and not only is this version of the zone small and inferior honestly, but we also never got a proper collect from it (and never will, since they are on v3 now, and EQMac uses v1.) So, we force Titanium to use v1 which is a much better zone anyway. Nektulos v3 is supported by SoF and higher, and works fine for those clients.

phis2017
12-19-2011, 10:17 PM
Very cool!!I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't overlooking something.. Thanks Cavedude!