PDA

View Full Version : Need original NPC locations for Old Bazaar

EQstarr
01-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Does anyone out there have EQ-Mac? If so, could you provide some screenshots and location data of all the NPC's in the original Bazaar? I would like to restore the old version to my database, and I'd like to be as accurate as I can.

As far as I know, EQ-Mac is the only source left to get data from the original Bazaar. Unless I missed something. :)

cavedude
01-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Way back in the day before I took over PEQ (2005ish) I had my own database that I am fairly certain had old Bazaar spawned. I did some searching and I dug up an older version of that database. I did a quick peak in the file, and I see spawnpoints in bazaar so it looks like it may be good. I do know new Bazaar was not spawned until after I took over PEQ, so it wouldn't be in that database.

I always wanted to get old bazaar sourced into PEQ for preservation so I may actually take a look at this. But, feel free to extract and if needed convert the data that you need. Of course, our collection methods back in the day were primitive compared to what we have now, so it's not going to be 100% accurate, but it sure beats spawning the entire zone from scratch. Plus, I remember Bazaar being a very basic zone.

Here is the database: http://www.peqtgc.com/cavedude0.6.0-DR3.zip

cavedude
01-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Alright, here you are. I extracted old Bazaar from my old database, and converted the data for our current schema and IDs. You can grab it here: http://www.peqtgc.com/oldbazaar.sql

That is the exact file I sourced into PEQ, so the IDs won't conflict if you are using PEQ as a base. Most of them are using auto increment anyway, only npc_types, spawngroup, and merchantlist (uses npcid) aren't. It is also setup to be version 1 of Bazaar, with a static instance ID of 3. So, if you want to see the zone without changing anything, you'd do a #zoneinstance 3 in-game. If you need it to be the base zone, just change all the version columns to 0, and delete the instance_lockout query.

Finally, of course your client needs to be using the .s3d version of bazaar, and the .eqg version is moved, deleted, or renamed.

EQstarr
01-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look at that. I didn't think of the zone instance, but I'll try that too. It gives me some ideas that I could use on some of the other revamped zones.

I'm also going to try looking at the first file you posted too, just for some of the other zones. I'm hoping I can use your PEQ 4.0 Server Pack to quickly set it up, drop the tables, and then load in that SQL.

cavedude
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
That database came from version 1.0 of the installer, which wasn't even released under the PEQ name (I didn't take over PEQ until about version 3.6 or so) so you'd need to do a lot of work to get it compatible with the 4.0 release, even more to get it current.

However, I do know of one gem somewhere in my old databases... Grobb is spawned as Gukta, with the Frogloks running the city, and the Trolls in Neriak. I remember collecting and spawning that zone myself. But, I don't know which version that is in. The database I linked above is one of the older ones... I'll have to see about finding the newest one as all of the old server pack links are now dead :(

EQstarr
01-10-2012, 03:39 PM
That database came from version 1.0 of the installer, which wasn't even released under the PEQ name (I didn't take over PEQ until about version 3.6 or so) so you'd need to do a lot of work to get it compatible with the 4.0 release, even more to get it current.

However, I do know of one gem somewhere in my old databases... Grobb is spawned as Gukta, with the Frogloks running the city, and the Trolls in Neriak. I remember collecting and spawning that zone myself. But, I don't know which version that is in. The database I linked above is one of the older ones... I'll have to see about finding the newest one as all of the old server pack links are now dead :(

THAT would be awesome data to have access to! Essentially, one could create a constant war between the trolls and frogloks so that for awhile it is Grobb and other times Gukta.

EQstarr
01-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Alright, here you are. I extracted old Bazaar from my old database, and converted the data for our current schema and IDs. You can grab it here: http://www.peqtgc.com/oldbazaar.sql

I think this might actually work for me. I've been going through the code to look at Spawn points, etc.

I already have many of the NPC's in place for the Old Bazaar. All I needed was something a little more "official" to double-check against my work and make a few more fine-tune adjustments. I know some of the NPC's I placed are wrong, so this will help.

cavedude
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm told only one NPC is missing, compared to EQMac. The rest of the zone is identical.

Robregen
01-12-2012, 03:39 PM
I just noticed in the database some of them are sharing the same spawnpoints and they need to be split off and put in their right spawn point to match what it is on EQmac. I will go fix that today.

EQstarr
01-13-2012, 03:22 PM
I just noticed in the database some of them are sharing the same spawnpoints and they need to be split off and put in their right spawn point to match what it is on EQmac. I will go fix that today.

I saw this too. Could you link to the new file when you get it done? Here's what I found:

-- Sateal Deirosap and Gliblixl Rocktok share the same spawn2, but 50% chance for each. Not sure if this is right or not.

-- Tontoal and Gaelsori Heriseron share the same Spawn2 at 100%

-- Dashelo Dalroshan and Halois Gueinds share the same Spawn2 at 100%

-- Domalisar Cournoyer and Dolsoj Warrebs share the same Spawn2 at 100%

-- Banker Lynton is actually listed as "Broker" Lynton.

-- I also found two horses (NPC 151212 & 151213) sharing the same Spawn2 at 100%.

Naturally, the easiest thing to do would be to change the SpawnEntries to 50% which would give it some randomness when zoning in. Unless they are supposed to have their own locations.

Thanks for the help, BTW. I'm going to start comparing the data you have with the SQL file with what I worked out on my own. It'll be nice to get everything fine tuned and more closer to what the original zone was. I'll be happy to post some screenshots, if you like.

Robregen
01-13-2012, 03:35 PM
I'll take a look at the banker in EQmac. the horses are not in EQMac bazaar unless it shows up as only in Luclin models. I'll switch it to luclin option and double check it. All the others are split off and are now in their destinated spawnpoint. I'll ask CD to post the sql file for it after I check it out once more time. He can do it better than I can in that way.

Robregen
01-13-2012, 04:04 PM
okay the horses are split off there and now in their right spawnpoint. There is a Broker Lynton on EQmac so the name is right. I'll see about having a file posted on here for the correction.

cavedude
01-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I'll have to extract the data from PEQ as we've been using the editor to tweak the zone. I also have to fix some faction values as they are invalid in the current DB. But, there may be a delay in getting that out as I have been busy as of late.

EQstarr
01-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I've implemented the data from the first SQL, and everything looks spot on with exception to the shared spawn points. I did notice a couple things when looking at old beastiary pictures from Allakhazam:

There's an extra horse that is not in the stable:

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=8625

Eryke Stremstin

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=16772

Was he added after PoP, but before the revamp? One of the comments states that he was in the stables.

Robregen
01-14-2012, 04:15 PM
that picture you see of the horse were taken in 2007. the revamp bazaar went in with the DoN expansion which was around 2005.

Eryke Stremstin is a 1.5 epic quest mob so it's more likely was in before the revamp. I think it is given a location in the post. From what I recall, the collects was done during the LoY era which explains why that npc isn't part of the data.

EQstarr
01-14-2012, 05:15 PM
that picture you see of the horse were taken in 2007. the revamp bazaar went in with the DoN expansion which was around 2005.

It was uploaded in 2007, but that picture looks the old graphics. Maybe it's an old picture that wasn't uploaded until 2007? There is a spot on the wall, opposite of the stables, that has the straps on the wall. And back there in the corner is right where one of the Stable Hands is located in the old zone too. It's got the old, human model also.

I don't remember any part of the revamp Bazaar looking like that. The stables are different looking, aren't they?

I think it is given a location in the post. From what I recall, the collects was done during the LoY era which explains why that npc isn't part of the data.

The locations in the post are for the revamp version. They mention Blue Griffon Hall, and are also posted in 2005. There's one post in 2004, and then after that someone makes a post that they can't find the NPC after the revamp.

Could you a post a SQL link to the LoY version of Grobb/Gukta?

Robregen
01-14-2012, 05:25 PM
yeah you are right. it was uploaded in 2007 and the graphic looks old. I check the horses on EQmac and everything looks the same as in the collects except I fixed the one that was sharing the same spawnpoint.

Robregen
01-14-2012, 05:39 PM
oh I see the similarity in the picture of the horse. It looks like the one standing next to Stable Hand Kaye with the 2 ropes hanging on the wall there. As far as I can tell, it is in the database.

provocating
02-13-2012, 01:57 PM
I have read this post and since then, I noticed r2100 has the npc locations for the old bazaar, appears to have the zone in points, etc. So with that said, if I zone in with Titanium I still get the new bazaar from Nexus or PoK. From looking at the zones table it looks like we are using revisions, like we did in Nek forest but it does not appear to be working. Looking at my clients it looks like they all have one bazaar map file. So is the issue that I need the old bazaar file from an earlier client or what am I missing ?

Robregen
02-13-2012, 04:17 PM
yeah none of the supported client carries the old bazaar file. you will need to get it from any old client prior to titanium. or from an eqmac client if you have a way to get it.

provocating
02-13-2012, 04:26 PM
Yeah well, then my players would have to get it, that is a deal breaker. We can do with the old bazaar, that is fine. Thanks for answering though.

I would love for someone to post a screenshot from the Emu of an old Bazaar populated, for us old guys to get some nostalgia. When I say populated, I just mean normal NPC's.

EQstarr
02-15-2012, 05:35 PM
Yeah well, then my players would have to get it, that is a deal breaker. We can do with the old bazaar, that is fine. Thanks for answering though.

I would love for someone to post a screenshot from the Emu of an old Bazaar populated, for us old guys to get some nostalgia. When I say populated, I just mean normal NPC's.

I can post pictures once I get a little time. My Bazaar files come from the Everquest Gold set.