PDA

View Full Version : Moving server from one PC to another

pheroux
01-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Hi,

I want to move my server from one PC to another but I don't want to loose my characters and bots.

What do I need to do to save my player and bots database and restore them on my other PC?

NOTE: I'm a SQL newb.

Thank you,

Phil

trevius
01-24-2012, 09:51 AM
You will need to move your entire server folder, including maps, plugin, quests, etc. You will also need to follow the rest of the server setup directions like installing perl and mysql etc.

For just the database, you can use Navicat Lite to make it easy on you. With it, you just connect to your database, then right click on the database name after you have opened it. There is an option for Dump SQL File, so click that. Choose a name to save the SQL as and your backup will take a while to complete. Once complete, you are done on that PC. Next, you just use Navicat again and this time point the connection to your new server PC. Create the database there. Then, open that database and right click on it. You will have an option to Execute SQL File. Click on that and browse to the location where you saved your database backup. Select it and click Start. Then wait until it completes and you should be all set.