PDA

View Full Version : SQL noob help

Andrew425
01-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi All,

I am having a hard time getting my server up and running. I am using the updated server guide that is stickied on this page. I have gotten to the part of the guide where it instructs you to source load_players.sql and it just wont work. I got it to source the database file fine, but it wont do the same for bots and players. Here is what happens... I type source load_player.sql; and then i responds with individual error: 2 for each line in the file. Looks like this...

Error: Failed to open file 'player_tables\aa_timers.sql' , error: 2
Error: Failed to open file 'player_tables\account.sql' , error: 2
etc.

I have tried this in the mysql command line client and the windows command prompt and I get the same results. I have searched the forum for people with similar errors, but the solutions offered haven't worked.

Thanks

Noport
01-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Here is what i did i copy all files to C:mysql bin directory. goto that directory type mysql -uroot -p then type use peq then type source load_player.sql
on 2097.sql i got something like items error as well so used another update file. If you have to install the newer one then copy folder to desktop then install older then copy back everything execpt the errors your getting.

Andrew425
01-24-2012, 06:49 PM
I actually got this to work and it looks like my server is up and running. I started over and used this guide instead. http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=Windows/show&time=2010-03-30+00%3A25%3A53. I basically want to create a local server to play around with.

I am now having a new problem where I cannot actually see my server in the server select screen.

Here is my loginserver.ini

[LoginServer]
loginserver=localhost
loginport=5999
worldname=everquest
worldaddress=localhost
locked=false
account=
password

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=StandAlone
ServerPort=5999

Here is my eqemu config

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<server>
<world>
<shortname>everquest</shortname>
<longname>Andy's Everquest</longname>

<!-- address has to be specified for minilogin to work -->
<address>localhost</address>
<localaddress>localhost</localaddress>

<!-- Loginserver information. -->
<loginserver>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account>Admin</account>
<password>Password</password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>make up some random string of characters here</key>

<!-- Enable and set the port for the HTTP service -->
<http port="9080" enable="true" mimefile="mime.types"/>
</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>xxxx</username>
<password>xxxx</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

Any help would be appreciated.

Kkixx
01-24-2012, 09:25 PM
I just did an install a few days ago, "localhost" wouldnt work for me, i had to put in the "127.0.0.1" for the login. May want to try that. Also its a solo server on same pc. Didnt try to lan it since i really have no need to do so atm.

Vexyl
01-25-2012, 12:28 AM
As Kkixx pointed out, if it isn't resolving localhost to 127.0.0.1 then that could be the problem.

Why do you specify a username/password on world for the login server, aren't you using MiniLogin?