PDA

View Full Version : Can't run server

Sourdough35
02-11-2012, 03:40 AM
I've been following the SVN faq and am using EqEmuLoginServer. I've sourced in the DB with I think no problems and set up my eqemulogin.ini and eqemu_config.

Running the .bat file pulls up World.exe and Cmd.exe. Cmd eventually closes and eqlaunch.exe. Then the problems start up.

World.exe tells me
[02.10. - 23:38:25] [WORLD__LS_ERR] Could not connect to login server: 127.0.0.1:5998 TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061

Eqlaunch.exe tells me
[02.10. - 23:38:34] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] World told us to start zone dynamic_01, but it is already running.

And does the same thing for World 2, 3, 4, etc.

Eqlaunch.exe then turns into "Sleep"

Then the "Slee" and "World.exe" just keep spinning their wheels and nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong?

blackdragonsdg
02-11-2012, 04:54 AM
Did you edit your batch file so that it is launching EQEmuLoginServer.exe because it doesn't look like it. Your batch file should look something like the following.

@echo off
start EQEmuLoginServer.exe
sleep 0
start World.exe
echo Waiting for World to finish before starting Zone...
sleep 20
start eqlaunch.exe zone

If you did set your batch file correctly then it is likely just a simple configuration error causing your problem.

Sourdough35
02-11-2012, 05:02 AM
batch says this, which I pasted directly from the FAQ

@echo off
start EQEmuLoginServer.exe
start world
echo waiting for the world to finish before starting zone...
sleep 10
start eqlaunch zone

Looks the same as yours with half the amount of sleep time.

lerxst2112
02-11-2012, 06:00 AM
sleep isn't actually a valid command in batch files unless you have a sleep.exe laying around somewhere.

If you do want a delay, which you really don't need, there are some usable techniques listed here: http://www.robvanderwoude.com/wait.php

World.exe tells me
[02.10. - 23:38:25] [WORLD__LS_ERR] Could not connect to login server: 127.0.0.1:5998 TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error: 10061

Eqlaunch.exe tells me
[02.10. - 23:38:34] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] World told us to start zone dynamic_01, but it is already running.

These are perfectly normal messages. You will see them on a working server as well.

I'd take the sleep line out and see what happens. It doesn't do anything useful, and if you did happen to have a sleep.exe in your path somewhere that did something foolish it could cause problems.

If you still have issues it's time to look at the logs the server generates and look for errors.

Sourdough35
02-11-2012, 06:21 AM
resourcing the whole DB to use the MiniLogin works for some reason. Seems like it's something finicky with the EQLoginServer.

Reading these boards, it seems like the MiniLogin is old and outdated, but if I just want to login and play by myself with bot party members, is there any reason not to use it?

blackdragonsdg
02-11-2012, 05:26 PM
sleep isn't actually a valid command in batch files unless you have a sleep.exe laying around somewhere.

I'd take the sleep line out and see what happens. It doesn't do anything useful, and if you did happen to have a sleep.exe in your path somewhere that did something foolish it could cause problems.

Guess I just learned something new. So the sleep.exe has no purpose now? What did it do in the past?

lerxst2112
02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
I have seen an executable to mimic the sleep command available in unix/linux shells, it just waits for a period of time. Since it would be a non-standard thing on Windows who knows what it might do. :)