PDA

View Full Version : Info on downloads?

pythag
02-14-2012, 11:04 AM
Hi, having some private server setup issues and have a few questions that I am hoping you guys can clear for me about what you can download

There are four file types
1 – database – fill the server with operational game data
2 – Maps – in game maps
3 – quests – in game quests
4 – eqeumu software – the link between the above and the game inc server

From projecteqemu
EQEMUserver.rar – these are just server files
EQEmu-Revxxx-Bots.zip – this includes the server and is the plug and play type files

Sorry to be a nuisance but so many guides, ending up tied in knots

joligario
02-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Not sure what you are asking, but you should also have perl, mysql, and zlib.

pythag
02-14-2012, 03:54 PM
mmm yes its a bit vague.. assuming we have perl, mysl, zlib, c++, eq are installed correctly - i was taking that for granted.

eqemuserverlogin.rar, does this after extraction give me enough to login and set up a private server?
EQEmu-Revxxx-Bots.zip - does this include the server files needed?
Do I have to have a combination of both?

I am assuming peqdatabase is installed correctly in the background aswell

trevius
02-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Are you following any of the guides posted in this section of the forums or in the Wiki? There are several guides and I think they all provide links to the required downloads and information for each. Here is one for example:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32980

pythag
02-15-2012, 03:05 PM
Are you following any of the guides
All of them, thats where I am going wrong I think, lots of pages on each.
I believe that I am getting some items crossed over - hence failing so trying to go back to basics.
I beleive there are basicly two ways, compile yourself and pre-compiled.
Then trying to figure out which or if I then need additional server files etc if you follow me!
Followed the guide you linked, but since I did its all gone horribly wrong compile errors and more.
So all I am trying to understand is what file/s do what and what other thing needs them - a learning curve I would say.

trevius
02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
If you are getting compile errors, it could be your version of VS, or Perl, or it could just be related to the issue from this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34910