PDA

View Full Version : Bot::GroupExperience Flag

Uleat
04-21-2012, 11:02 PM
I was wondering if the possibility of a Bot::GroupExperience flag could be implemented into the emulator variables.

This would allow hosts to determine if they want to allow bot group experience on their servers.

I don't have internet access at my house and have no choice but to play solo with bots. This latest change has killed my ability to progress on my server.

I'm not receiving any experience at all if any bot groups are up, not just the experience from the additional groups.

I have had to switch back to the binaries 2098 build for the time being, but I like to keep up with the latest changes.

Thanks!

bad_captain
04-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Do you get any experience at all?

If you are running bot groups and any group does more damage than your group, then you won't get the experience. If you have hotkeys set up for your different botgroups and can send your group in individually, you should be getting experience. I have a hotkey for my group, and then hotkeys for groups 2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9. That way I can direct the different groups to different targets. If I send my group by itself, I get experience.

I mean, I guess I could add a rule. I just didn't think it seemed fair to get experience for all of your botgroups, which obviously would be 4-5 times what you would normally get with just your own group.

louis1016
04-22-2012, 05:03 PM
you shouldnt get any exp from bot groups that your not in i think most would agree, but if you want to use the newer executables without the previous change just try to figure out what the change in the code was and modify it to that. It shouldnt be too hard at all to figure it out. then you can update from svn with the botgroup exp on your server and still get all future updates

ill take a look and see if i can find it

louis1016
04-22-2012, 05:18 PM
ok Uleat,

here is the diff for the attack.cpp file where this code is stored

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/source/diff?spec=svn2132&r=2132&format=side&path=/trunk/EQEmuServer/zone/attack.cpp

scroll down and check out line 2105, on the right in green is the code that badcaptain added for this change and on the left is how it was before. Just modify line 2105 to look like the code on the left and delete all the extra lines you see in green in your own code to make it like it was before

Uleat
04-22-2012, 10:05 PM
bad_captain,
I appreciate the thought and guess for public release this should be left to muse. You're right about the amount of xp being too much and I was just thinking of splitting the share of xp amoung the number of groups. I didn't realize that I was getting ALL bot group experience beforehand.

I'll re-upgrade to 2133/2134 tonight and try the "all bot groups spawned/only my bot group attack" scenario again. I was pretty sure I tried it with only my personal group attacking, but I could be wrong. (Maybe I'll just have to nerf my bots!)

louis1016,
Thanks for pointing this out for me! I spend most of my time offline and didn't realize that the online repository had the change-diff listing like that.

I don't have alot of c++ experience but do understand language structure fairly well, so I should be able to adapt it to my wants. I just need to figure out the game's variables, functions and such.

Thanks guys!

Uleat
04-23-2012, 02:00 AM
I did check the updated revision and it was my mistake as to why I wasn't receiving any xp. I was using my 'melee' hotkey instead of my group attack one and it made all of the bots attack... I did receive xp on single group attack. It's hard to see who exactly is attacking sometimes when the casters get nuke crazy =)