PDA

View Full Version : bot snaring

louis1016
04-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Mobs flee faster on my server, making it necessary to snare in groups. My bots are not snaring, however, not sure why. The code for snaring is much different then heal AI and other ai for example. I believe it has something to do with the dontsnaremebefore entries but I can not figure out why its not working properly. How can I fix this?

louis1016
05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Ok i noticed that the bots are in fact snaring after the mob starts to flee. I need to get them to snare before they flee but I still cant figure it out. Any help would be much appreciated, ive spent a lot of time on this with no results

bad_captain
05-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Bots arent currently set up to snare other than when the mob is fleeing. To have bots snare mobs who are not fleeing, you need to add Snare to the spell types used by whatever bot class in AI_EngagedCastSpell(). The line should look like one of the nuke ones. Just put it in the order you want it (before or after nuke). Just use SpellType_Snare. You will probably also need to modify where it calculates the spell casting chances. I'm not sure if snare has anything other that 0 since it wasn't really being used. Let me know if you have any problems with this and I can help out some more. I just don't have the code in front of me.

louis1016
05-02-2012, 11:01 AM
thank you for your help, this works perfectly!

louis1016
05-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Snare works fine now, but for some reason when I tried to add root in this way, my bot is now only rooting when the mob is snared. I have no idea why, but would adding the root entry work this same way?

louis1016
05-03-2012, 01:26 AM
Well I removed the buff stacking check in root and now that works fine too. I guess root/snare stacks strangly and the result messed up its bot ai.