PDA

View Full Version : Having Problems at Server Select underfoot

SmokedMango
06-02-2012, 09:37 AM
Hi guys,
I've been playing with the titanium client for awhile now and was hope to try some better graphics/newer features and had people tell me underfoot was nice. I ran through the setup of underfoot. Downloaded overwrote/didn't over right files and can log right in. My problem is after I choose a server. Any server doesn't matter which. The game client just closes. It looks like its minimizing then maximizing like it normally does as it brings up the character select screen. I would call it crashing but I do not get any errors it just goes poof. If i bring up my task manager theirs nothing to be found. I am running windows 7 i3chip on a Toshiba laptop. I have tried some of the windows 7 fixes like changing the target to C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 eqgame.exe patchme but to no avail. I have tried changing screen resolutions to match. I have have been having a hard time finding others with the same problem on the forums.
If anyone might have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Much Thanks.

SmokedMango
06-02-2012, 11:07 AM
I am using the UIfiles folder from the current live patched version. I don't know if it is a UI problem and that is why it lets me log in and just closes program when i choose a server and hit select.

SmokedMango
06-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Don't know if this helps but i tried logging in just using underfoot download did not add any missing files like the guide says just to see. I had to change the Xul.dll file and the uifiles pack to the live version as i was getting errors when trying to log in.After changing those it let me log in no problem but same thing as before when selecting a server/any server it goes to load the char select page and then the everquest just closes. Could it be because I am changing the UI files pack?

cmileto
06-18-2012, 09:17 PM
I was getting this as well until I removed -O from the makefiles and recompiled.