PDA

View Full Version : bots become buggy and stop attacking

cablenewt
07-04-2012, 01:50 AM
Hello, I am using rev2098 of eqemu, and rev2142 of peq.

I believe I have multiple problems, the first being that whenever I have a botgroup made, they do not follow upon zoning--however, my personal group of bots do. The second problem arises from the first, or at least I think so; I am forced to 'respawn' the group, resulting in melee bots refusing to engage the mobs. What I have noticed though, is that the designated botgroup leader continues to function flawlessly every time along with casters.

This is a recurring problem, also reproducible with my main group if I choose to camp them too.

lerxst2112
07-04-2012, 03:08 AM
2098 is pretty old and there have been changes to bots since then. It can also be a problem to have a database newer than your source code version if there have been changes made to data that requires source code changes to work properly. I'd look into updating and see if the problem still exists.

cablenewt
07-04-2012, 10:21 AM
My mistake, I am using the current Svn revision 2158. So that was not the problem unfortunately, if only it were so easy! This is running on Debian as well, if it makes any difference, just wanted to throw that info out there. Any other suggestions?

cablenewt
07-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I have since recompiled my eqemu server along with creating a new peq database, and this problem still exists. Are bot only groups (#bot botgroup create) intended to zone with you?

bad_captain
07-04-2012, 06:47 PM
No, only your current group. You need to resummon your other #botgroups.

cablenewt
07-04-2012, 07:10 PM
No, only your current group. You need to resummon your other #botgroups.

Alright, but this does not explain why after resummoning them, they become unresponsive drones that still follow me around. Any suggestions in regard to this? Perhaps they are not exiting correctly when zoning and dying? Whats strange is the bot group leader always works without issue.

bad_captain
07-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Not sure. Check all sql scripts from eqemu svn. The bot ones don't usually make it to the peq bot sql scripts. Check the bots' stances. Passive should make them not attack.

cablenewt
07-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Yea, I've checked everything I could think of, still not working. I'm assuming these issues are unique to me, and not the norm. I may try using an older revision, to see what comes of it--unless of course anybody else has any suggestions.

louis1016
07-13-2012, 12:43 PM
This happens to me as well and has happened for a while. I'd say this happens maybe only 10% of the time that I zone. One or more of the bots in my party will become unresponsive until i drop the group and reform.