PDA

View Full Version : Bot runspeed bug / feature

bad_captain
07-13-2012, 10:29 AM
In coding the #bot defensive command, I noticed that my warrior could keep up with me while running, even though he should have been snared. He would, however, walk to mobs to attack as though he was. I found out that bots are given their owner's runspeed instead of using their own. I assume this was done to allow bots to keep up and not get way behind when running long distances (bots didn't have AAs previously so no run3).

I was going to fix this so that they would use their own runspeed, but decided I should ask here. Should bots run at their owner's runspeed, their own runspeed, or should a rule be added to decide on a server basis?

Thoughts?

Caryatis
07-13-2012, 11:30 AM
IMO: If bot has runspeed effect that lowers is runspeed below its owners(ie snared), then it should use the lowered speed. If the bot has no negative effect on it, then it should use the owners runspeed unless the owner is snared and then bot should use its own runspeed(doesnt make sense for a bot to run at snare speed just because owner is snared).

louis1016
07-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Iit also seems that bots run faster then the player does after the #bot group attack command. Ive seen them run way faster then me toward the target and engage before I can get there. If this could be taken care of then I'd say keep the current runspeed as client runspeed since players have access to the #bot group summon command, making the runspeed not really making a difference in the gameplay aside from faster pulls with the faster running to engage.

louis1016
07-31-2012, 02:17 PM
OK well it seems like the bots do already have their own runspeed. If you change the runspeed values in bot.cpp from 1.25 to 0.6 bots run more at normal player runspeed and no longer sprint ahead of me when running to attack something.