PDA

View Full Version : Google Fiber

Maze_EQ
07-27-2012, 10:26 AM
Google Fiber (http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57480670-93/google-launches-kansas-city-fiber-net-intros-google-fiber-tv/?tag=mncol;morePosts)

If this were around my city....I'd definitely have to switch, same price as comcast, yet, 1gbps? Can it be true?!

Born2rot
07-28-2012, 02:00 AM
Seriously thinking about it. I'm here in KC.

Goregut

wolfwalkereci
07-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Would be nice. One day we will all have access to speeds like that without paying in newborn children.

hexluther
07-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Seriously thinking about it. I'm here in KC.

Goregut

Hmm, wouldn't be much thought from me personally. However, I would ask, "what ports are blocked?" Otherwise, sounds a bit too good to be true, I'm sure use is extremely limited despite the "no data cap."

lerxst2112
07-31-2012, 03:47 AM
Hmm, wouldn't be much thought from me personally. However, I would ask, "what ports are blocked?" Otherwise, sounds a bit too good to be true, I'm sure use is extremely limited despite the "no data cap."

I wouldn't expect it to be limited. If you do some research you can see there are many countries where you can get gigabit in your home for the local equivalent of around $50 a month. The US is horribly behind in broadband speed and availability and I'm glad Google trying to do something about it.

hexluther
07-31-2012, 04:27 AM
I wouldn't expect it to be limited. If you do some research you can see there are many countries where you can get gigabit in your home for the local equivalent of around $50 a month. The US is horribly behind in broadband speed and availability and I'm glad Google trying to do something about it.

Definitely, other countries. I do hope Google is quite successful in their endeavor to change the face and price of US broadband -- hopefully I'm still alive when it makes it way to my area. <grin>