PDA

View Full Version : World.exe Unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Gurgoth
11-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Hey All,

Trying to get a local server setup done for the first time, and I am running into some issues. Well, more than a few, but I think I have tackled most of them. First off, is there even a current guide that can be used to setup a server? I have seen about 8 so far and all suggest different things or provide details that are out of date.

My attempts used the following guide since I couldn't find any clear answers regarding perl 5.10 vs 5.14 with regard to a compiled version: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ

At this point I am able to get the EQ client to connect to the login server just fine, but the world.exe wont load. It instantly crashed with an error indicating: "Unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

I do not see any log files, and there is no message indicating where the program might of failed at, so unfortunately I have not been provided the tools to help myself.

Here is my eqemu_config.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>eq</shortname>
<longname>eq</longname>

<loginserver>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<tcp ip="localhost" port="9000" telnet="disable"/>

<key>testthis</key>

<http port="9080" enabled="false" mimefile="mime.types" />
</world>>

<zones>
<defaultstatus>20</defaultstatus>

<!-- Sets port range for world to use to auto configure zones -->
<ports low="7000" high="7100"/>
</zones>

<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>user</username>
<password>******</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>

<directories>
<maps>Maps</maps>
<quests>quests</quests>
</directories>
</server>

I have port forwarding setup for 3306, 5998, and 9000 on my router. I added direct exceptions to world.exe, zone.exe, eqlauncher.exe, and EQEmuLoginServer.exe to my firewall before disabling it just in case. Some of the posts receiving this error simply told the person to do those things without justification so I did them.

Is there some glaring problem with the config file, or some place I can go to see exactly what is required to setup a "world"? Technically my zone.exe errors in the same manner, but my hope is that is because of the same problem or related to the world.exe problem.

Gurgoth
11-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Still working on this and made no progress.

At this point I followed the recommendations for a local install found in the config documentation here: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerConfiguration

That means I re-setup my mysql database to eq, added an eq user, and stripped most of the configurations out. Re-attempted everything and the login server still works fine, eqlauncher loads but fails on world connect, and I still get the same error for world.exe.

At this point I have stripped everything down as far as I can based on the different pieces of documentation I have been able to dig up, but nothing is changing the results.

Any suggestions out there?

Gurgoth
11-04-2012, 11:49 AM
Attempted this using both the bots version and the non-bots version since they are on different revisions and had different build dates for the world.exe. Results where still the same other than a requirement for perl512.dll instead of perl510.dll.

Gotta say this is the toughest software installs I have ever attempted. Hopefully someone out there has some suggestions as I would like to complete it, but right now I am getting pretty disappointed.

lerxst2112
11-04-2012, 02:07 PM
The error you are experiencing generally means you're missing a required DLL file. In your case, the most likely missing file is the Perl DLL. If you are compiling for 32-bit you need Perl 5.12, and if you are compiling for 64-bit you need Perl 5.14. Both are available here: http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list

Gurgoth
11-04-2012, 03:00 PM
No change:

The world.exe I am using is from the EQEmu-Rev2214.zip in the directory you provided, so I am not sure if they were compiled as 64 or 32. The DLL's were not detected automatically so I moved them to my system32, and Syswow64 folders since I didn't know if they were 32 or 64 bit dll's.

I am running a 64 bit machine, but I really do not care which version I end up running. As a note, I am not compiling since the instructions for compiling continuously provided conflicting information and/or contained requirements that I could not readily find online.

Cant rule out that I am doing something incorrectly with the DLL's, but the original error was concerning perl512.dll which was resolved after moving it to the SysWow64 folder.

Gurgoth
11-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Did some poking around to figure out what it was detecting and how:

So I ended up having to install Strawberry perl 5.12 and I installed the 64 bit version of that. The PATH value for that (C:\strawberry\perl\bin) is what is detecting the perl512.dll. This is preventing the DLL error from occurring. That suggests that this world.exe is a 32 bit compile.

Not sure if I neded up installing a 32 bit or 64 mysql server, but I am also not sure if that would matter.

lerxst2112
11-04-2012, 03:19 PM
You should compile your own executables. It is easy and then you don't ever have to worry about guessing which Perl to use.