PDA

View Full Version : One-shot spells not working

Randymarsh9
11-06-2012, 01:58 AM
I have noticed an issue on my server involving spells/disciplines that are supposed to end after one use. For instance, the rogue backstab disciplines don't end after one backstab; they continue to improve your backstab damage until the spell ends. Also, the AA Wrath of the Wild gives the person it is casted on the improved DS until it expires. Before I attempt to fix this and probably screw it up more, does anyone know of a reason this would be happening and how I could fix it? My server is using Stormhaven's spell file with just a few extra spells added in. BTW, they work fine on Stormhaven when I use that spell file.

trevius
11-06-2012, 03:41 AM
That spell file has been highly customized by Kayen, and there are quite a few custom things that were done to make certain spells work the way they do. Some spells have scripts tied to them to make them work, for example.

Did you make sure to import the spell file into your database using the spell import/export scripts that come with the server install?

Randymarsh9
11-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes I have imported it into the database. I have made several custom spells as well and modified countless others, but I've never touched any of the ones that aren't working correctly. That's why I'm not sure what to change to fix them.

trevius
11-07-2012, 07:47 AM
If you give specific spell IDs, I could check it out to see if we have a script associated with them. Otherwise, Kayen may be your best bet for an answer.

Randymarsh9
11-07-2012, 10:23 AM
I found the problem. In the spells_new table, the numhits field had been set to 0 for all spells. This may have happened when I was changing the spell file's format a long time ago. To fix it, I just loaded in a stock spells_us I had, extracted all spells that were supposed to have a value in numhits (like 814 spells), loaded my regular spell file back in, and then replaced the broken spells with the ones I had extracted. It seems to be working perfectly now.