PDA

View Full Version : Slowing question.

Trackye
11-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Where in the DB does it contain the information about whether a creature is immune to slow or not?

I looked through the NPCtypes table and did not see a column for it.

The reason i ask this is because i noticed in the bot coding there are checks for disease resist and such on a slow. Would it not be possible to input a check there for if the target is unslowable?

That would of course depend on the previous questions answer lol

If so and a check was added it would be possible to have slowers check to see if they CAN slow the mob and if not they would not cast slow.

( Ive come up on the issue of a shaman repeatedly attempting to slow a target for the entire fight. )

lerxst2112
11-15-2012, 10:51 PM
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=NPCSpecialAttacks

Trackye
11-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Thank you.

bad_captain
11-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Within AICastSpell is the following:

if(!(!tar->IsImmuneToSpell(botSpell.SpellId, this) && tar->CanBuffStack(botSpell.SpellId, botLevel, true) >= 0))
break;

This should prevent that from happening. What mob was it? We'd have to look at exactly what they're immune to, and why that line isn't working correctly, if it isn't.

Maybe the mob was just highly resistant. There is nothing in there to have them not try to slow if they keep getting resisted.

Trackye
11-18-2012, 02:48 AM
Hmm yeah i saw that line a little further down after looking into it.

I can say that Derekor the Vindicator(Sp) was just a mess with shaman Chain slowing him.

Maybe at some point a command could be used and have casting slow or not be a toggle somehow? like a stance or something perhaps. If their stance is balanced2 or something they heal and dot but not slow...

ChaosSlayerZ
11-18-2012, 02:52 AM
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=NPCSpecialAttacks

that list is well outdated actually. its missing:

p Immune to Pacify
j leash to agro range
J leash to agro range + Full heal/mem wipe

and god knows what else was implemented in the last year....

lerxst2112
11-18-2012, 05:13 AM
that list is well outdated actually. its missing:

p Immune to Pacify
j leash to agro range
J leash to agro range + Full heal/mem wipe

and god knows what else was implemented in the last year....

Yes, but he asked about unslowable, and it is on there.

It is a wiki, so you can add the new ones if you like.

ChaosSlayerZ
11-18-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes, but he asked about unslowable, and it is on there.

It is a wiki, so you can add the new ones if you like.

I will.

Don't take this as a rant, but I am kind of upset that people who code in those features don't do that on the fly as they code them in.

Our coders are AMAZING (and I say that straight up and from the heart), but whatever new feature they code in, they slowly get buried in the change log file after few months/years. And then no one remembers anymore what was added or what purpose it had. Yes, its still in the change log but its hardly in any organize fashion or easy to be found.
And when new people come in to the project who don't read the code or the .h files - they go to the wiki - and good chunk of the features available is not even mentioned anywhere.

Once again I apologize if this comes of as a baseless rant, as I am wholeheartedly thankful to our coders who keep this project going all these years, but if you put in your code work but references to it cannot be found in any organized manner (like a Wiki), then no one can benefit from it, specially the new comers, or people who were away for a while, when these new feature were added in.

Perhaps I am out of line here, ranting on coders who already contribute ton of time and work to the project, but it just seems illogical to me, that a person who puts this gigantic effort to create something for the project, would not spend 2 extra minutes to leave a reference to his work it in a wiki so the rest of the community is aware of the coder's contribution and how to put it to use.

Once again I apologize for this out of place and out of thread rant...

sorvani
11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Get used to it. Apparently it is a genetic trait of coders to despise documentation, at least the creating thereof. As writing software is 50% of my day job I have determined this to be a fact outside of just here ;)

lerxst2112
11-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Well, I didn't know that page was there until I specifically searched for it. The wiki is not a particularly well organized place, so I wouldn't know how to navigate to that page if I hadn't already found it with Google.

That said, all the information is available in the code itself. It really isn't that hard to open up Visual Studio and search.

Here's the table from the code:

SPECATK_SUMMON, // S
SPECATK_ENRAGE, // E
SPECATK_RAMPAGE, // R
SPECATK_AREA_RAMPAGE, // r
SPECATK_FLURRY, // F
SPECATK_TRIPLE, // T
SPECATK_QUAD, // Q
SPECATK_INNATE_DW, // L
SPECATK_BANE, // b
SPECATK_MAGICAL, // m
SPECATK_RANGED_ATK, // Y
UNSLOWABLE, // U
UNMEZABLE, // M
UNCHARMABLE, // C
UNSTUNABLE, // N
UNSNAREABLE, // I
UNFEARABLE, // D
UNDISPELLABLE, // K
IMMUNE_MELEE, // A
IMMUNE_MAGIC, // B
IMMUNE_FLEEING, // f
IMMUNE_MELEE_EXCEPT_BANE, // O
IMMUNE_MELEE_NONMAGICAL, // W
IMMUNE_AGGRO, // H - Won't aggro, ever.
IMMUNE_AGGRO_ON, // G - Immune to being aggroed
IMMUNE_CASTING_FROM_RANGE, // g
IMMUNE_FEIGN_DEATH, // d
IMMUNE_TAUNT, // i
NPC_TUNNELVISION, // t
NPC_NO_BUFFHEAL_FRIENDS, // n
IMMUNE_PACIFY, // p
LEASH, // J - Dispell, wipe agro && return to spawn
TETHER, // j - Return to spawn
DESTRUCTIBLE_OBJECT, // o - This is only for destructible objects
NO_HARM_FROM_CLIENT, // Z - This is to prevent attacking NPC's period for clients