PDA

View Full Version : Bots + 65

Trackye
11-20-2012, 10:25 PM
So.. On my server characters can gain level 70. This seems to cause a few issues as cleric bots over 65 seem to start doing some funny things.

For instance at 65 cleric bot heals effectively on a tank using HOT on aggro and then switching to CHeal.

At 70. Bot simply spams the tank with Ancient: Hallowed Light. I am getting healed nonstop by this spell as soon as I hit 95% health.

I was looking at the code and am not sure where I can add a check or something for the cleric over 65 using CH as main heal ( much more mana efficient I think...) and using Hallowed light as a quick heal.

Was thinking something along the lines of adding a section where it determes the heal spell and having the origional be something like
If Botlevel < 66 then
origional heal setup
else
New heal setup..

Any thoughts ideas or suggestions?

Also to add here since its related Ive noticed that post 65 if i have a shaman and a cleric in the group they are pretty much double healing me as they both attempt to quick heal me as soon as i hit 95% health.

bad_captain
11-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Ancient: Hallowed Light appears to be the only regular healing spell available to clerics lvl 70+ in the default peq database. They should also use Pious Elixir. If you want other spells available, update maxlevel for those spells you want available. Complete Healing is set up to be used until level 69. The only issue I would see with a level 70 using CHeal is the cast time. I'm not sure I'd want my cleric using CHeal at 70, when they can cast Ancient: Hallowed Light twice in less time that Cheal for about the same amount of healing. But, you are right, it wouldn't be as efficient.

As far as the Shaman & Cleric, if you use change the stance of the Shaman, you should be able to get him to heal less.. Maybe try Efficient?

Trackye
11-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Hmm ill give the stances a shot. I wonder would it possible to make 2 stances for clerics/shamans.

For clerics in Cheal stance they would use CH most of the time and HOTS.
for Shamans in Raid stance they would use Hots to heal and quick heals if people are below say 40%.

I think those setups or something like that would allow them to function more correctly in a boss setting.

While i have asked if its possible I will look into it in an attempt to sort it out myself i just think the more brains working on something or offering ideas the better.

Secondly. Where in the code do i look for the max level for bots to cast spells. Didnt see anything in the Bot.cpp or Botspellsai.cpp files..

bad_captain
11-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Check npc_spells_entries in the database. 701 >= npc_spells_id >= 712. That table is the same table for npcs, and includes the spell to cast, min level, max level, type (2 = heal), priority, etc.

SELECT *
FROM npc_spells
WHERE id >= 701 AND id <= 712;

This should get you the ids for each class.

SELECT
nse.*, sn.*
FROM npc_spells_entries nse, spells_new sn
WHERE nse.npc_spells_id = 701
AND nse.spellid = sn.id
AND nse.type = 2
ORDER BY nse.minlevel, nse.maxlevel;

This will get you the healing spells for clerics ordered by minlevel.

The stances available are Passive (do nothing), balanced, efficient, burn, reactive, I believe. Most are pretty easy to figure out. For Shaman, an efficient stance should heal and nuke less, while focusing on slowing and debuffing.

Trackye
11-21-2012, 12:21 AM
Ok ive delved into the DB and made the change to 70 for complete heal. I will post back here my findings on how that works incase anyone else is interested.
Thank you for your responses.

Trackye
11-21-2012, 04:39 PM
Tank Stats 9.4k level 70 Shadowknight with partial CA and CS aas. group setup 70 Berseker 70 Rogue 70 Shaman 70 Cleric 70 Bard.

Run #1 ) Old setup with CH at 69. Test grounds : Bothunder clearing to Oreen Wavecrasher and Defeating Oreen.

Upon entering the wing where Oreen is located I promptly engaged 4 giants after this pull cleric Was OOM and needed to med. cleric needed to med 2 more times on way to Oreen. During Oreen fight Cleric Ran OOM at 33% and Shaman healed for rest of fight alternating with cleric depending on who had mana. No bots died on way.

Run#2) New Setup CH settings with CH at level 70 Same Test ground. Same Tank

Entered Wing where oreen is kept Aggroed the same 4 giants. Cleric was at 58% mana when fight over. Cleric did not med at all up to Oreen. Upon engaging Oreen Cleric CHd through entire fight and had 40% mana at end of fight. No bots died on way

Trying to provide test data to compare the two formats. IMO and i think in the representation of the figures given. Ch being set to 70 seems to be a great deal more mana efficient and does not seem to increase the risk of death very much if at all.

Caryatis
11-21-2012, 05:02 PM
Try content designed for your level.

Trackye
11-21-2012, 11:01 PM
Caryatis I think you are missing the point, but ok, thats the idea of a forum. You are entitled to your opinion. As am I. As i said i would post the results here.

In the end the content isnt so much of a point as the efficiency of the healing. Regardless, if i was fighting harder creatures the cleric would have ran out of mana faster.

Anyways. Thank you for the information that allowed me to look into fixing (for my liking) this again bad_captain

Caryatis
11-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Sure thing son, you sound like you know what you are talking about.

sorvani
11-22-2012, 12:53 AM
Efficiency has nothing to do with it. If you try fighting content appropriate mobs with a CH bot you will die. Simple as that. With valid content you do NOT have 10 seconds to heal.

Trackye
11-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Well maybe my setup works correctly based on the assumption that the player, as i do, has a Shaman in the group as well who is taking care of the quick heals.

I could see it may become a problem with only the cleric doing only CHs.

sorvani
11-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Take your group to Qvic and try it out. That is not content for level 70 as it was released when the level cap was 65 still, but it is a lot closer to it than BoT. Anything past that has not been updated in the PEQ database release yet.