PDA

View Full Version : Qglobal Not Working

thepoetwarrior
11-28-2012, 08:07 AM
Updated source code to Rev2268 (11/28/12) and the last time it was updated before that was 08/28/12.

Everything works fine, except NPCs can no longer see the quest globals. They are used for zone flags and quest.

Regular quest are working fine.

I even have cust logging via perl using mysql to connect to custom table now which is working fine.

Everything seems normal except npcs can't see qglobals anymore.

The qglobal field in npc_types is set to 1 as always been.

I know quest_globals table got changed by dropping the id field and making a new primary. Would this cause it?

I'm kinda lost now.

Secrets
11-28-2012, 08:37 AM
Yes, that was indeed the cause. I corrected the error in rev 2271.

It was probably a file Akkadius forgot, I don't blame the guy he's been up a lot last night.

thepoetwarrior
11-28-2012, 09:02 AM
Confirmed, its fixed!

Thanks Secrets.

Akkadius
11-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Yes, that was indeed the cause. I corrected the error in rev 2271.

It was probably a file Akkadius forgot, I don't blame the guy he's been up a lot last night.

Stupid id's, thanks for getting that.

thepoetwarrior
12-27-2012, 02:09 AM
Still having problems that some times a player hailing an NPC and the NPC doesn't see the qglobal. Probably works for 9 outta 10 players but its happening often enough that seems players need to make an instance to get the quest npc to refresh the qglobals it sees. Hopes makes sense, basically sometimes the npc doesn't see the qglobal and doesn't seem to be any reason.

ghanja
12-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Still having problems that some times a player hailing an NPC and the NPC doesn't see the qglobal. Probably works for 9 outta 10 players but its happening often enough that seems players need to make an instance to get the quest npc to refresh the qglobals it sees. Hopes makes sense, basically sometimes the npc doesn't see the qglobal and doesn't seem to be any reason.

Everything works fine, except NPCs can no longer see the quest globals. They are used for zone flags and quest.

Regular quest are working fine.

I even have cust logging via perl using mysql to connect to custom table now which is working fine.

*Answered my own question.

c0ncrete
01-03-2013, 07:25 PM
can you give an overview of how the qglobal in question is supposed to work?

is the value you're looking for changed or added by the same npc that doesn't see it?
does the npc always exist in the zone or is it spawned through player interaction?