PDA

View Full Version : Bot spell damage question

Thuz989
01-06-2013, 10:31 PM
I was trying to parse bots the other day to balance some things and i noticed that bots that cast spell don't seem to actually show how much damage they do unless they crit??

Is this something easy to fix?? I was going to tack on something after the crit block where it says...

mlog(SPELLS__CRITS, "Spell crit successful. Final damage modifier: %d, Final Damage: %d", modifier, (value * modifier / 100) - spell_dmg);
entity_list.MessageClose(this, false, 100, MT_SpellCrits, "%s delivers a critical blast! (%d)", GetName(), (-value * modifier / 100) + spell_dmg);

But obviously i don't know what the proper way to do this is??? Can i do a GetCleanName() and set a similar style message after crit line to display spell damage? I am having problems figuring out where this value is returned to. If you turn on #mlog you get nothing from spell casting while bots casting???

Any information is welcome, thanks.

bad_captain
01-26-2013, 06:59 PM
I'll look into this when I get a chance.

mpeels
02-26-2016, 10:09 PM
3 years too late but I googled the same question. This is a simple fix I found to show bot spell damage.. It's not optimal I'm sure. I just added

entity_list.MessageClose(this, false, 100, MT_Spells, "%s hits for (%d)", GetName(), -value);

to the Bot.cpp right above the return value; in GetActSpellDamage