PDA

View Full Version : Get booted everytime i type something

Kalamare
10-29-2002, 01:22 PM
Im using Windows XP and am just trying to play on a server. It loads all the way up and everything works fine, can zone and inspect, buy sell everything. But when I try to type something in the chat box the program crashes. I cant even do /who alls. I read as many posts as I could bare to and didnt find anyone with the same problem. I tried changing the datarate from 5.0 to 10.0 then to 7.0 still no luck can anyone help me please

xSigmax
10-30-2002, 03:37 AM
On 'A' server, or one you set up and created on your side?

btuch
10-30-2002, 05:42 AM
I have seen several posts on the Sony boards where users patched to the test server, then patched to the live server and this ifxed their problem.

Kalamare
10-30-2002, 10:33 AM
Alright ill try the test server thing. But i just try to log on to a server, i've tried a few different servers but it still hasnt worked. I have done the new POP update though that might make it not work. And i just updated to the 3.1.1 or whatever the newest is and its still not working but ill try the test/live update thing thanks. Any other sugestions just in case this doesnt work would be great.

Xarslik
10-30-2002, 12:54 PM
DEFINITELY sounds like a problem with your client (EverQuest).

If you just absolutely cannot get it to work, install a new copy of EverQuest in a different directory, or uninstall and install a new copy (in a dif directory), and try again.

Also try doing a "Complete\Thorough File Check" (in Advanced Options) on the patcher.