PDA

View Full Version : quest::pause(0)

noudess
05-15-2013, 05:09 PM
I was working on a quest which has an NPC pathing a grid. When he arrives at waypoints, the code in the quest checks which one...

If he arrives at a certain waypoint, I want to stop here there until signaled.

In the waypoint arrival code, I placed a quest::pause(0).

From the viewpoint of the questmgt code, this is supposed to cease all pathing until we do a resume. It does this by setting the NPC grid to -(grid).

The MobAI code always checks the grid pathing timer to see if he's arrived at the next waypoint even if the grid is negative.

if (AIwalking_timer->Check())^M
{^M
movetimercompleted=true;^M
AIwalking_timer->Disable();^M
}^M

Since I used pause(0) at his arrival point, the above check is true and movetimercompleted is set to true.

Then, the mobai code does the following - which just frees up the npc.

else if (gridno < 0) ^M
{ // this mob is under quest control^M
if (movetimercompleted==true) ^M
{ // time to pause has ended^M
SetGrid( 0 - GetGrid()); // revert to AI control^M
mlog(QUESTS__PATHING, "Quest pathing is finished. Resuming on grid %d", GetGrid());^M
^M
if(GetAppearance() != eaStanding)^M
SetAppearance(eaStanding, false);^M
^M
CalculateNewWaypoint();^M
}^M
}^M

Am I missing something. I turned path and waypoint logging on and followed the code. I was tempted to wrap the 1st check with an if (gridid > 0) but then the second snipet would never do the setAppearance stuff.

It seems to me that the quest:: routines should be responsible for pause and resume in all cases.

I am willing to work on this, but since I have nowhere near the experience with this code as some of you, I wanted to ask if you believe my data is correct.

trevius
05-16-2013, 03:32 AM
I think you just need to do this each time before using pause:

$npc->SaveGuardSpot();

That will prevent them from moving back to their original spawn point.

noudess
05-16-2013, 07:04 AM
I think you just need to do this each time before using pause:

$npc->SaveGuardSpot();

That will prevent them from moving back to their original spawn point.

Hmm.. If I use moveto and set that, it works. That's what I was doing before. However, I wanted them to follow a path, so I put them on a grid. That's when I changed to using pause(0). I don't think SaveGuardSpot will work witha grid? I'll try it.

noudess
05-16-2013, 09:21 AM
Ok..

I have a solution, but something is still amiss to me.

When I simply used moveto(x,y,z,90,1) with no grids, the npcs routed to the location and stayed there (the 1 for save guard spot worked). But, I didn't like this, as the mobs ran trough walls, etc.

So, I created a grid that all of them can use.

When I put them on the grid from the beginning, I simpy let the grid take them to where I wanted. Then, if I used an WAYPOINT event to do your suggestion $npc->saveguardpoint followed by a pause, that worked.

So.... I took it one further. Once they all recached the end point (which since I was now using 1 grid was the exact same spot.. I did the move(x,y,z,90,1) with the locs I orininally wanted. With no grid, back i my 1st example, that 1 at the end saved their guard spot and they did not move. Now, on a grid, it did not. Is that a bug?

I ended up doing the following, so I'm all set, but the above seemed maybe like a bug so I wanted to mention it.

- tookthem back off the grid in the db.
- Used start(grid) on them in their spawn code.
- used move(x,y,z,90,1) in their arrive code
- then added a stop();

That worked.