PDA

View Full Version : Grant an AA via perl

jsr
05-27-2013, 02:18 AM
Following on from this thread.. Getting around stat caps (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36860), I've created a new working AA to increase stat caps.

I'm a bit stuck on how I can add this automatically to players via perl. I do some initialisation for new players in players.pl of the starting zone, can anyone recommend how to access the aa functions (buyaa, sendaa etc) to add the AA using the AAID?

Kingly_Krab
05-27-2013, 04:10 PM
Jsr, could you not make the AA available to all classes from within the database as to allow it to be available by default? You can also modify stat caps in the source code and re-compile, take a look at Akka's Fun House, it has a 20,000 stat cap. :)

jsr
05-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Making it available is easy, I'm not clear on how I can automatically grant it. I don't want people to have to buy it.

jsr
05-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Guys, I'm really stuck on this - c++ is not my forte so it's challenging for me to identify the best approach. I'm happy to do the legwork but need a little direction :)

Kingly_Krab
05-29-2013, 04:15 PM
I don't see a way as to how you could do what you're asking, however you could send a popup window upon sub EVENT_CONNECT to the server that reminds them to buy the AA? I don't believe there's any current code that would allow you to make them automatically have the AA.

jsr
05-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Solved:

$client->IncrementAA(skillID)

Thanks anon :)