PDA

View Full Version : Template turn in question.

jshows1
06-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Hey guys. I am wanting to implement some turn in quests for different types of armor throughout different level ranges. My goal is to have templates drop (for example arm, leg, fee, etc.) that are ALL/ALL. When the player turns them in, they get a class specific pc of armor.

Basically similar to the Glowing Othni and Athlai armor for those of you familiar with live http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4847.

My question is this: is the above mentioned turn in quest somewhere in the database? Or could someone possible post an example of one that I could use to study and work through? I would like to try to set up a custom quest like this. I think it would be much easier if I could study one similar rather than working blindly. Thanks in advance!

Burningsoul
06-13-2013, 01:07 AM
For a similar quest, GeorgeS' NPC and Loot tool has a quest template that is somewhat like you are after, there is also Trevius' Armor Upgrade Quest (http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24321), which is both huge and awesome, and a really good one to study. Pretty sure someone else will have more ideas, but see how those two work for you in the meantime.

Kingly_Krab
06-13-2013, 01:19 AM
A simple version of a turn in quest would be to use multiple if statements, and you can grow to the level of Trevius later on.
1 Being the template, 2, 3, and 4 being items that're required, thus giving you a specific out come for each class.
sub EVENT_ITEM
{
if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1 => 1, 2 => 1, 3 => 1, 4 => 1))
{
my $link = quest::varlink($rewards{$class});

my %rewards =
(
"Warrior" => 6,
"Cleric" => 7,
"Paladin" => 8,
"Ranger" => 9,
"Shadowknight" => 10,
"Druid" => 11,
"Monk" => 12,
"Bard" => 13,
"Rogue" => 14,
"Shaman" => 15,
"Necromancer" => 16,
"Wizard" => 17,
"Magician" => 18,
"Enchanter" => 19,
"Beastlord" => 20,
"Berserker" => 21
);

if(defined($rewards{$class}))
{
my $link = quest::varlink($rewards{$class});
quest::summonitem($rewards{$class});
quest::shout2("Congratulations to $name on their $link!"); ##This is similar to EZ's turn in for Epics.
}
}
else
{
plugin::Whisper("I do not need this.");
quest::givecash($copper,$silver,$gold,$platinum);
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}

jshows1
06-13-2013, 01:34 AM
I think looking at both of your suggestions will help me greatly. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks bunches, guys.

Burningsoul
06-13-2013, 01:41 AM
BTW, nice template there Kingly!

Kingly_Krab
06-13-2013, 01:46 AM
You're welcome, and thanks Burningsoul, haha.

sorvani
06-13-2013, 03:02 AM
The abysmal armor quests in the stock PEQ quest database do this with an NPC per class. Use the above for a single NPC.