PDA

View Full Version : Bot Heals

jshows1
06-28-2013, 08:56 AM
Hey guys. We've been using bots on our server. They seem to work well for the most part. Bad Captain has done an amazing job with them. I have a couple of questions as I think maybe we're doing something wrong on our server pertaining to cleric bots.

Fighting in the mid 30s on up with them (we're just a classic server as of now), we've noticed that the cleric bot we have sometimes won't heal other players and bots beyond the owner. I've noticed in particular that the cleric bot has let the bard die several times. We've tried changing the stance to reactive, efficient, balanced. None of these seem to make a difference as they bot still seems to let the bard die, and sometimes other players.

1) is there something I can change to help this? I'm guessing there is something client side that I need to change as I've not heard other people really complaining about it.

2) I've checked the cleric bot spell list, I change the priority on the heal spells to 1, but that doesn't seem to help much.

If there is something I can change or add in my database, please let me know. I'm sure it's something I messed up or have not adjusted yet.

Thanks so much.

lerxst2112
06-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Are you talking about bots or mercs? Since you mention stances I assume mercs. They are two different things, so you might want to clarify.

jshows1
06-28-2013, 02:20 PM
bots sorry...I noticed there was a command to change their stances. Is this not actually implemented yet? I was using the in game help which stated:

#bot stance [name] [stance (id)|list] - Sets/lists stance for named bot (Passive = 0, Balanced = 1, Efficient = 2, Reactive = 3, Aggressive = 4, Burn = 5, BurnAE = 6)

But yes, I apologize for not specifying. I meant bots. Thanks for the response!

In any case, I believe I might be doing something wrong since I'm having so much problems getting my bot cleric to heal. Even full mana at times she won't heal the bard who is our puller. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the bard's heal song, or even if he's the one pulling the mobs, or something else entirely. I've been searching the forums on it, and haven't seen much in the way of other people mentioning it. So I'm leaning towards it being what it usually is: User error! lol

bad_captain
06-30-2013, 05:56 PM
I meant to respond earlier, but have been busy. What spells does your bot have? You will most likely need to run a query on the db to get a list. I may have one somewhere in the forums.

Stances at least somewhat function, as a cleric on efficient should cast cheal more often than reactive. I haven't done much testing for lower levels, so it may be a spell list issue.