PDA

View Full Version : #bot savegroup?

ward3
07-10-2013, 12:18 AM
Howdy All,

I just switched from AxClassic to running a server from scratch. One thing I noticed is there is not a #bot savegroup command or a #bot spawngroup command.

Were these commands specific to AxClassic and not implemented here? If so, is there similar functionality that might not be shown in #bot help.

Thanks for your time.

Burningsoul
07-10-2013, 12:37 AM
Indeed, they used to be a part of the PEQ project long ago, they've branched off. You need to look into #bot botgroup help. It's similar to what you're used to using.

ward3
07-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Thanks that helps out a lot, but it looks like those are bot group only commands.

Is there a way to save the group of bots that are grouped with me? As far as I can tell, I must summon each one individually and add them to the group.

Burningsoul
07-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Negative, and every time I roll a new character I have to make three buttons for summoning/inviting my group. It's the one thing I really miss from the AX db.

ward3
07-11-2013, 12:59 PM
Ahh gotcha. Yeah, a macro is a good idea. I have macro's for everything else, not sure why I didn't think of this before.

Thanks for the information. :)

ward3
07-11-2013, 01:03 PM
I am curious what your 3 hotbuttons contain if you don't mind posting.

Here is what I am thinking.

HotButton1
#bot spawn character1
#bot spawn character2
#bot spawn character3
#bot spawn character4
#bot spawn character5

HotButton2
/invite character1
/invite character2
/invite character3
/invite character4
/invite character5

What does your 3rd HotButton do? Also, I would probably need some pauses in there. I am not at home, or I would test them. :)

Thanks for your time.

Burningsoul
07-11-2013, 03:34 PM
Hah I probably could have done that and saved some time. Closed circuit thinking for the lose. Mine was the same as your first, next two were
/tar BotOne
/invite BotOne
and so on. I didn't need pauses, but sometimes the shamanbot's pet will get targeted instead. Minor quibble.

I only need pauses

seveianrex
01-02-2014, 01:28 PM
Hah I probably could have done that and saved some time. Closed circuit thinking for the lose. Mine was the same as your first, next two were
/tar BotOne
/invite BotOne
and so on. I didn't need pauses, but sometimes the shamanbot's pet will get targeted instead. Minor quibble.

I only need pauses

If you're running MQ you can use /tar BotOne pc to always get the PC and not the pet.