PDA

View Full Version : Sanctuary in the Sky - Post Apocalyptic Norrath

zerjz3
07-10-2013, 06:30 AM
Hello all,

I would like to invite everyone to check out the open beta for the Sanctuary in the Sky server. The server has been in development for a year and has gone through several rounds of alpha testing. We are very proud of the world that we've created and would now like for you all to join us in the final beta test before officially launching the server. This is a very ambitious project and one that's close to my heart and will be a long term plan, with tons of content and more being added every day. Players will never run out of things to do and see, even once reaching the maximum level cap of 50, with future expansions raising the cap. Characters participating in this final beta will not be wiped once we roll into bringing the server live for good.

The stage is set in a post-apocalyptic reimagining of Norrath, with a highly stylized approach to itemization and dungeon themes. Think back to the feeling you had when you first began playing classic EverQuest, a sense of wonder and danger as you explore an unfamiliar new world. This feeling has been recreated here and we are very excited to share it with you.

Features:

+ 100% custom content - no item or zone is like it's classic Everquest counterpart, everything has been reworked from the ground up to give players a sense of the unknown, mystery and intrigue. There are many items and even zones that lie still undiscovered after multiple rounds of player testing.
+ Level 50 cap for the base game, with future expansions (already in the planning and development stages) raising the level cap
+ Dangerous and complex world - players will need to band together and form alliances as they set out to rediscover the lost world and find their place among the new pantheon of heroes
+ Professional customer service - You will never see a developer goofing off, spawning things for players or jabbering in OOC. GM powers are used very sparingly and only when necessary to provide support to the players
+ Dynamic world role playing events with a unique approach to player interaction and storytelling
+ Overall "artsy" feeling to the world, evoking suspense, intrigue, horror, mystery, and humor
+ Consistent level of quality - A very small development team so everything remains consistent and cohesive
+ Balanced gameplay - Everything in our world has its place and a purpose. Player feedback is constantly being monitored to ensure that bugs are fixed quickly and to ensure that balance remains throughout all aspects of the game

We have already been receiving wonderful feedback from our players and have had several groups of "regulars" who have been returning to play daily. I hope that you will take the time to check us out and join our world!

ak48
07-10-2013, 08:16 AM
Do you have a website with forums, etc.?

Kingly_Krab
07-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Isn't Norrath always Post Apocalyptic in the fact the Kobolds took over the world and enslaved us? Hehe, just yanking your chain, and yeah, is there a site or anything?

zerjz3
07-10-2013, 09:22 AM
We are working on the website right now, there will be forums and the whole works. And this is EXTRA post-apocalyptic! ;)

phorest
07-10-2013, 10:29 AM
This server is pretty kool. If you are looking for a new twist with an old school feel you might want to try it out. It's so.customized you need to discover things. You can't just make some online inquiries to find answers, you gotta look around and talk to NPCs. The world is kind of small right now, but it's growing rapidly by exploration. One dungeon seems to lead to the next. So while there isn't a zone at a time feel, it's more of a guantlet type feel. I'd suggest grouping!!

liquest
07-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Isn't Norrath always Post Apocalyptic in the fact the Kobolds took over the world and enslaved us? Hehe, just yanking your chain, and yeah, is there a site or anything?

You are right and wrong. Post-Apocalyptic yes, Kobolds no.

The world is considered Post-Apocalyptic because when Veeshan started the Age of Dragons, The Faceless created the diety's we now follow in game. They banded together and destroyed Veeshan but as a final move Veeshan tore a rip in the world which is how it is formed today. =p

zerjz3
07-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Good stuff Liquest! I hope that my fellow lore nerds will enjoy the story that I'm telling in my world, too!

liquest
07-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Good stuff Liquest! I hope that my fellow lore nerds will enjoy the story that I'm telling in my world, too!

I plan on redownloading a client to check out your server. Any preffered client required to play?

Mitchell92
07-10-2013, 12:03 PM
I plan on redownloading a client to check out your server. Any preffered client required to play?

I'm the other dev / admin on the server...

Players can get online from any of the supported EQEmu clients.

I myself use SoD, but UF and Titanium are also compatible.

I prefer SoD, but zerjz3 uses Titanium.

The plan is to make it so that a variety of players are able to get online and play, without too many software complications.

zerjz3
07-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Just wanted to check in here in case anyone has had any issues today while I've been away, my sister had surgery and I haven't been able to check in with the server yet. I don't anticipate anyone running into problems but wanted to reach out since this is my only way of communicating until I get home in a few hours. Everyone doing ok?

phorest
07-10-2013, 04:05 PM
No discovered sources for tiny daggers...

zerjz3
07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Tiny Daggers will be sold in the New Nexus in this evening's patch, I am sorry for the oversight on this issue.

Mitchell92
07-10-2013, 06:18 PM
I need to speak with you - Have some updates regarding hardware information.

Vexyl
07-10-2013, 08:05 PM
I thought this server was long dead, but I'm glad I was wrong.
Good luck with it!

ak48
07-11-2013, 10:08 AM
I've been playing on this server for the past couple days and I'm having a blast! Granted it IS in beta right now so there are a few things missing or broken but it is fun none-the-less. It's got kind of an old school feeling to it, slow leveling, dying is a huge hassle(you lose quite a bit of xp), quests/other dialogues aren't completely obvious, you need to wander around and see stuff and there is plenty to see. You are able to solo some things but it is significantly easier and faster with a group, so grab your friends or even just an acquaintance and come join me - err us.

phorest
07-11-2013, 10:04 PM
more feedback if you are looking for a server to play on..
This server is unlike any other emu server i have played. It is challenging, and at the same time very rewarding. It may seem that "some things are missing", well in reality , some things just don't exist on this server. That being said there is a very complex under-lying theme, much of the world is just waiting to be discovered and explored. If you are looking for a fresh adventure, where the path is not laid out before you, but a new world to explore using old everquest mechanics, I'd suggest this server.
Send me a tell in game, if i'm not busy i'll hook you up with a damage shield or something to help you get going.
-blasticus

Akkadius
07-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Looks like an interesting premise, hopefully this project goes well for you!

jak3666
07-19-2013, 01:29 PM
This server is amazing and I don't understand why more people aren't checking it out.

jak3666
07-19-2013, 01:49 PM
We need more people for the mid level group and raid zones, we're finding new stuff every day and we need the playerbase to be able to complete it. If you want a challenging in depth world to play in, this is the place for you so come join us and we'll help you level up to catch up with us. The highest level player right now is 33

zerjz3
07-19-2013, 05:04 PM
The server has been down for about 30 minutes for a large scale update, will be back online in another 30 minutes with plenty of new surprises for the players. Hope that you check it out in 30!

zerjz3
07-19-2013, 05:16 PM
We now have a forum at sanctuaryeq.freeforums.org - This will be updated daily with new information, patch notes, etc and give players a place to discuss the game.

Mitchell92
07-19-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm having a hard time connecting... I'm working on this sever along with Zerjz3.

I have the new hardware online...

Trouble connecting today.

zerjz3
07-20-2013, 06:43 AM
We now have a new and improved website/forum at sanctuaryeq.weebly.com, thanks to player Dazurik!

Mitchell92
07-20-2013, 04:33 PM
We now have a new and improved website/forum at sanctuaryeq.weebly.com, thanks to player Dazurik!

Please get back to me ASAP.

phorest
07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
*poke with stick* ...... *pokes with stick again* .....

phorest
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM
done here. Unplayable at high level unless you plan on 6 boxing or waiting until 4+ other people log in to join you. (that are your level) So. if you want my droppables, hit me back here , or PM me, i'll meet you there and hand over all i can.

jak3666
07-28-2013, 10:29 PM
done here. Unplayable at high level unless you plan on 6 boxing or waiting until 4+ other people log in to join you. (that are your level) So. if you want my droppables, hit me back here , or PM me, i'll meet you there and hand over all i can.

This is an exaggeration from someone who's been complaining about the server from day 1 and wants to be able to solo kill literally everything. I do not box and I'm having a good time.

zerjz3
07-28-2013, 10:38 PM
This server is not intended to be a solo "do everything by yourself without interacting with other players" server nor is it intended to be played with everyone 6-boxing. Boxing is allowed but should not be required. This server is being designed around a playerbase that socializes and groups together, forms guilds, forms friendships and alliances and helps each other out. This server is not being designed for 1 person to be able to complete all of the content alone. I understand that it may be difficult to find groups sometimes with the current low number of players, but I am confident enough in my design and ideas that the base will grow over time. During beta it may become frustrating sometimes to not be able to find groups, but I will not be adjusting the difficulty level based on that. This is not your typical emu server and I am proud of that.

phorest
07-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Nope. You die. Loose 20% exp. Can't even duo green mobs. Exp goes in reverse unless you have 4+ in a group. And by the way, you get roughly half your spells made available to you. No exaggration, that is fact.

tuen
07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
This really is a pretty intense server. I'm 4 boxing, and it's still hard. Therefore the server is appropriately called High Difficulty. The content is exceptional though. They take the old eq motto to heart, "you're in our world now." Well their world is brutal, on a good day.

Mitchell92
07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
Zerjz3, I'm still waiting to hear back from you....

zerjz3
08-01-2013, 12:45 PM
This server is not getting nearly the appreciation it deserves for the amount of time/effort/energy that's being put into its development. It seems that emu players only want buff bots, solo to win, hand holding, complete lack of immersion and storytelling from their servers. It's a sad state of affairs and it is making me strongly reconsider the personal sacrifices in my life that I am making to develop this server.

Kingly_Krab
08-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Hey Zerj3, I appreciate your idea in your server, I haven't taken the time to check it out yet, but I'm willing to play it, don't get discouraged, the trend now is high custom stuff, don't worry, you'll get players once they test it out and enjoy it, word of mouth is a powerful thing.

zerjz3
08-01-2013, 01:18 PM
The very narrative of this server is a metaphor for the current paradigm in which MMO and more specifically EQemu players exist. Players start in the "sanctuary", a safe place where laziness and easiness is encouraged. Every kill of a training dummy levels the player until level 13, in which they can level no more. The citizens of the sanctuary criticize the outside world for being too harsh, too dangerous. A strange man appears, and offers the player a chance to truly experience life in the 'real world' , and once the player takes that plunge and enters the New Nexus, experience slows down to that of classic EverQuest (remember classic EverQuest, that brilliantly immersive game that captured our hearts and imaginations, despite its difficulty level and lack of instruction?) and things become difficult. Players are unable to solo easily, and must form friendships and alliances with their fellow players. The risk is high, but then so is the reward. The story telling, the NPCs, never break the fourth wall. Quest text never refers to itself as a quest, NPCs never refer to each other as being NPCs, the word 'server' is never once mentioned, the word 'levels' is never mentioned, players are never taken outside of the narrative and the world that has been created. So many servers here have an NPC with "Server Information" etc under their name - you won't find that here. The very point of this server is to create a world that feels real and alive. It is not meant to be an "emulator server". It is meant to be a game in its own right. It is meant to be a world.

Too many of our players are joining the server as mages or necromancers, not because they have a love for the class, but because they have been existing in this paradigm in which those are "solo classes" and will enable them to do what they please without the need for interaction with other players. That doesn't work here, and some players are turned off by that fact. Some players cannot figure out their way out of the sanctuary. Some players ask, "Where is the buff bot? Where are the teleporters?" - Some players quit because things are 'too hard' , when in reality they are no harder than classic EverQuest was. We have gotten lazy, jaded, and have lost our imaginations. This server was intended to change that fact, to change the paradigm we have all been playing in, but it seems that modern day MMO players do not want a challenge. They don't want to be immersed, storyline has no meaning to them. They only want to casually play a game, sequestered away by themselves with no regard for the game world as a whole. This server was meant to break us of that mindset, but it is not happening.

nenelan
08-01-2013, 03:20 PM
While I certainly respect that attitude, and I love the idea, the reality is that until you have a sizable population, your wish for people to team up probably won't happen. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing , but it also tends to gloss over the poorer aspects until we are subjected to them again. That nearly vertical difficulty curve, harsh death penalties, OP casters and UP melees are all things I don’t quite miss.

It is a shame, but that is the way it is. I popped on for a bit in this server's infancy and found nearly no one on. I rolled an Enchanter at first but quickly changed to a mage, because again as you state, that is a solo class. I'm not willing to box, so I made due with what I had. I did quite enjoy it (think I was low 20s maybe? I can’t quite recall.)

It certainly has great flavor, and I love the concept, but myself as a very casual player who gets 20 minutes here and there recognizes that this server is not quite for me. I'm not able to sit there for a few hours, hope someone logs on, is around my level, not boxing, and not antisocial. That’s what live eventually devolved into for myself playing a berserker.

If this server takes off, sure that kind of play will work for some, but unless or until you get a sustainable population, forcing grouping for just general progression is not going to work in my opinion.

Immersion, challenge and storyline are things I highly value in games, the problem is that I fear I am in the minority. Also I’ve become bitter, cynical and antisocial in my old age, so that probably doesn’t help much either ;)

You do absolutely have something unique and special here, but I almost think it would make a better single player experience, or at least have a gradual difficulty curve added to it. Sure, it may be no harder than classic Everquest was, but you also had extremely high population there at the beginning, and things have gradually taken a turn for the easy in the past dozen expansions are so. They realized their mistake.

Ahire87
08-02-2013, 05:25 AM
This server is not intended to be a solo "do everything by yourself without interacting with other players" server nor is it intended to be played with everyone 6-boxing. Boxing is allowed but should not be required. This server is being designed around a playerbase that socializes and groups together, forms guilds, forms friendships and alliances and helps each other out. This server is not being designed for 1 person to be able to complete all of the content alone. I understand that it may be difficult to find groups sometimes with the current low number of players, but I am confident enough in my design and ideas that the base will grow over time. During beta it may become frustrating sometimes to not be able to find groups, but I will not be adjusting the difficulty level based on that. This is not your typical emu server and I am proud of that.

I like your attitude and your server so far.

Here is my review:

XP: Awful. The rates are so bad and the death penalty is so steep that you better box a cleric to pull around with you for the rez. It isn't a 96% rez, but dying is pretty much like wasting 45 minutes of grinding. I understand you want a difficult server and you don't want people to play the normal "solo grind to max in 3 hours and all box war/clr/random dps" and win everything but the way the server is set up...you are inviting people to box their own groups. There aren't multiple groups running around at all hours of the day. There aren't multiple xp zones being camped at the same time. You either box a group and do the content yourself or you wait for others to log on. You say you won't adjust the difficulty and that is fine, but don't expect this server to boom if you are forced into boxing a group because the population is low and it takes you 5 days played(or more) to hit lvl 37.

Itemization: Amazing. The stats stats are a little weird. I find most stuff is full of CHA or STA. The clicks are mainly illusions or small buffs. The models - all A+. I haven't found a shield yet. I pretty much have only seen cloth/plate. 2handed weapons seem to never show up either. Everyone has the same 1hb equipped.

General content: All top notch. I love the progression I have done so far. The quests are great, the lore is on par with what I would want from a mainstream mmo. I can't do anything early morning because nobody else is on so I pretty much don't log in. I can't solo anything and my damage is so bad that even farming green con nameds is a pain in the ass. I also don't box and have no intention on spending another 2 days grinding my shaman, bard, ranger, and rogue so I can kill in Unrest at 5am.

I play a paladin at the moment. I have no tools that aid me in groups. I have 1 stun and a blind for aggro. My heal is garbage. I have no group heal, I have no HoT, I have still have Yaulp, my damage at lvl 26 with the 1hb quested from Unrest is doing more than my lvl 16 necro, but not really by a lot. Knowing that the server cuts off at 50, I won't have access to any defensive AA's, any slay undead AA's, any combat abilities, or any group utility spells such as Brells or group heals/hots. I guess I will be doing what pallies in classic did: casting rez on dead group members and blinding/rooting adds for CC. Doesn't bother me. I like my class and I understood completely what I was going to deal with upon creation. Just kind've odd to be worthless outside of like three spells.

The difficulty is where it should be for the big named mobs. They are fun, they aren't tank n spank, they require a group. I like that. I guess it comes down to: XP rates being horrible and the fact that I am almost level 26 and I am still using most of the gear I got between lvl's 10-14. My 2hander (dropped from Najena at lvl eighteen) is less efficient than my 1hander (dropped from Erudin at lvl thirteen) and I haven't found a shield to bash. And you pretty much have to box. That is the bottom line to it. You need to box to grind your way to 25 when you can group with the higher level crowd. And even at that point, don't ditch the boxes because you'll find yourself shit out of luck when nobody is on and you want to kill stuff or xp.

I like the server and will continue to play - I just hope some minor tweaks could be made to not require me to 6box.
*shrug*

phorest
08-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Well put. It's not a "bad" server, it's just impossible to play casually
IF you have all your time to play, and do not have to handle life's other responsibilities, you can hang out and wait for people to get on and join with. But if you are average Joe player 1-2 hours of play per day, you can't get anything done there.

zerjz3
08-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Many of these "issues" being reported would be non-existent if the server had the playerbase that it is being designed for.

zerjz3
08-02-2013, 10:09 AM
What would happen if I adjusted the difficulty level to account for an extremely low playerbase, is that the playerbase would then grow over time, as it's already doing, and then the content would be trivialized by the larger number of players and would be "just another emu server" - Not going to happen. I am sorry that some of you are finding the difficulty level to be a bit too much, but blame the playerbase, not the server itself. Having more players would completely, COMPLETELY change all of the negative aspects that people are complaining about.

Kilesh
08-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Zerjz, I've been a faithful player for awhile.. and I can honestly say, Please do NOT change anything. I quit eqemu for about a year, and when I came back to your server it was like being born again in the Everquest world. I find myself impatiently waiting for work to be done so I can log on everyday! We have a group that constantly logs in and plays and we are having absolute fun!

The negative people who dislike this server are apparently part of the instant gratification generation. There are those of us who enjoy that upgrade we died 10 times or camped for days to obtain. Please don't let those who don't understand this concept ruin it!

jsr
08-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Zerj -

The player community is essentially a marketplace, and servers are products. Trying to force a product on the market simply does not work - you design a product and if there is appetite in the market for your product, then it will be successful. Your post reminds me of conversations amongst players who dislike boxing, where they suggest that preventing boxing will result in everyone grouping - it's simply not true. While some players will group when they can't box, a significant number will simply look for a product where they can box. Likewise for your server - the people you've seen logging in and complaining about the difficulty are not your target market and there's no point trying to 'convert' them.

Fortunately for you there IS a market for this type of server. These types of players are playing project 1999 and the 1999 population is by far the largest population of any emu server (at a glance it outnumbers the others combined). If I were in your shoes I would stop worrying about the miscellaneous players who quit because your server is hard, and instead - take enormous comfort in the fact that the 'hardcore' format has attracted the biggest player base of any Emu server. I think you need to stick with your vision and ensure your content is top notch. If your 'product' stacks up with P1999 then get the word out amongst the right people (market) and let them choose with their feet. If you still have no interest then you have more work to do on your server :)

zerjz3
08-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Thank you, js, you have a great point there. I agree with you wholeheartedly!

jak3666
08-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Can I just say that I play a Shaman and I can solo in whatever zone I want by playing my class intelligently and not having the expectation that I can run through an entire dungeon by myself. I am currently level 37 and soloing in a level 30s zone. Soloing is possible here, you just can't expect to be able to crawl through a dungeon and kill all the nameds, but you couldn't do that by yourself in real EverQuest either.

People are really, really misunderstanding this server and a lot of the stuff you guys are saying are extremely generalizations and exaggerations.

jak3666
08-02-2013, 11:43 AM
I find it very interesting that I do not box, and my class is Shaman as opposed to a solo class like Mage or Necro, and I am the highest level player on the server. Play smartly, have realistic expectations, and play the game as it was intended to be played, and reap the rewards..

Basically the naysayers are Doing It Wrong.

jak3666
08-02-2013, 11:59 AM
This is me soloing in a group zone

http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/26849/768874268483810.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/768874268483810)

Kilesh
08-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Even so, we almost always have a group and invite people as they get close enough to get exp! Naysayers are the Instant Gratification Crowd (IGC)

jak3666
08-02-2013, 12:10 PM
We also actively help out new players, so I'm not really sure what the issue is here. Buncha spoiled babies who wanna feel like gods in a game that they don't even know how to play properly.

phorest
08-02-2013, 12:11 PM
And average 12+ hours a day on the server.. only lvl 37? /played = what? . No hate Baggo, just the truth. Also, what shaman spells have been removed? What % of spells are available to shaman vs other classes? Ohh. I see. While zerjz says he doesn't want a solo content server you boast of soloing, and even show how you do it so effortlessly... i wonder how long until the nerf bat smacks the Shamans of Sanctuary? Maybe everyone should just play a Shaman there and that would solve all the arguements. Good luck with it Zerjz .

jak3666
08-02-2013, 12:12 PM
phorest dude literally the only mage spells missing are the summon focus items spells and those weren't added into EQ until way late. I have looked at the spell merchants and compared the available mage spells to the list of mage spells on allakhazam and those are the only spells missing.

jak3666
08-02-2013, 12:15 PM
And I don't think Zerjz has ever said that he doesn't want anyone to be able to solo ever, at all, he means that he doesn't want people to be able to solo anything and everything. You're really not getting it at all.

jak3666
08-02-2013, 12:21 PM
and by the way, as I'm soloing, root breaks and I get hit a few times and lose half of my total HP, it's not effortless at all, I'm just good at playing my class and play carefully without an ego and an expectation that I am a god capable of slaying whatever I want. It's not easy or effortless, it's fun and challenging and requires skill.

jak3666
08-02-2013, 12:25 PM
Case in point : http://thumbnails102.imagebam.com/26849/28b8b2268488711.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/28b8b2268488711)

phorest
08-02-2013, 12:57 PM
"phorest dude literally the only mage spells missing are the summon focus items spells and those weren't added into EQ until way late." And what about half of the mage pet spells? The fact no earth pets available after 20? Again no hate bro. It's factual. But the server is beta. Maybe these things will change. Maybe Zerjz just like and encourages Shamans and enchanters to play on the server more because they have everything availsble to them. Best of luck to all of you. You will certainly need it.

zerjz3
08-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Elemental pets do not exist after level 20 on this server because they are replaced by custom Monster Summoning pets, which you had, and which are more powerful than the elementals, because the Mage class becomes a Monster Summoner class.

jsr
08-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Phorest you gave your feedback and there are a heap of custom servers on emu. Rather than trying to change one of them to your liking, it would be easier for you as we'll as the server op if you played on one that you do like :)

jak3666
08-02-2013, 01:14 PM
The really funny thing here is that even though he publically bashes this server, he made an alternate account and character after being blacklisted by basically everyone on the server for being a negative selfish douche, and tried playing on the server still, putting on this great elaborate act of being a 'new player' -- For someone who is so displeased with the server, he sure can't stop playing it...

phorest
08-02-2013, 01:25 PM
I logged in and asked if you wanted my droppables and logged out. I have not name called . And as far as publicly "bashing" the server, please forgive me for discussing a server in the " server disscussion forum".
I'll let people come to their own conclusions based on behavior exhibited here. Best of luck to you.

jsr
08-02-2013, 01:26 PM
I don't think it's funny, just odd and disrespectful. People put a lot of time into developing a server according to their vision of a server. It is completely unrealistic and disrespectful for a player to expect someone, unpaid, to change their server to match the player's vision instead. By all means provide feedback, but consider the dev's perspective as well. If their vision doesn't match yours, you're on the wrong server.

Someone goes into a donut shop, picks a donut without chocolate and then complains that it doesn't have chocolate. After the shopkeeper says 'Those donuts are for people who don't like chocolate' to then go back into the shop and buy the same donut, ignoring the chocolate donut, and complain again.. well it's just odd. Let's not forget these donuts are free!

zerjz3
08-02-2013, 01:29 PM
jsr, you are very wise and well-spoken and I appreciate very much the things you've had to say here in this thread. It is unfortunate that my server has made a very small group of people so unhappy, but the number of players who are enjoying it very much and appreciate the world that's been created make it worth it to me. Thank you for being the voice of reason here and providing unbiased, intelligent responses. EQEmu could use more people like yourself.

zerjz3
08-02-2013, 01:31 PM
The server is back online now after a brief period of downtime earlier this morning.

jsr
08-02-2013, 01:38 PM
jsr, you are very wise and well-spoken .. voice of reason ..intelligent responses

Oh thanks, my better half will have to read this! Goodluck with the server.

Motoko
08-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Heyy this is Sieben. I can't log into the server right now. I can log into other servers successfully.

It tells me Error 1017: Cannot login to the Everquest server.

Motoko
08-02-2013, 07:00 PM
I would also like a comment on beastlords. Their damage tables are terrible on PEQ and the like. They wind up getting most of their damage from procs, and not actual weapon stats.

Some comments from live around luclin/POP era say they parse alongside monks in DPS. Is this the case/intention here?

Ahire87
08-02-2013, 07:36 PM
Beastlords never have been close to an equal aa'd/level/geared monk in a parse. Not sure where you got your data but that is a false statement. And rangers were never amazing bow dps at any point, which people still find hard to believe.

Motoko
08-02-2013, 07:50 PM
http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=7487.0

Is a long thread, but has some good numbers. People claim they were able to keep up with their guild's main dps on raid fights.

http://beastlords.org/index.php?topic=1530.0

Most people tend to exclude bst from top 5, ranking monk above bst, but bst is pretty respectable. Definitely should be above warrior and I know this was not the case on PEQ. Warrior DPS was about 2/3rds pure melee dps. Bst dps was like, half pure melee dps.

I agree that they should actually be a good step behind monks. I just want to make sure they aren't completely gimp before I make one :)

Drakiyth
08-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Beastlords never have been close to an equal aa'd/level/geared monk in a parse. Not sure where you got your data but that is a false statement. And rangers were never amazing bow dps at any point, which people still find hard to believe.

This is one of the main reasons I made Varlyndria: Ascension. Sony/Verant have half ass class designers.

Motoko
08-02-2013, 08:37 PM
I think the whole concept of most MMOs is stupid. There's a huge grind barrier to level or gear up that doesn't really pose much of a challenge. Then you get to endgame and all you can do is sit around waiting for raids because - hurdur, dragon has gotta drop da best loot, rite? - but actually raiding is the easiest part of the game for most classes. You just fulfill your specialized role as part of a heal or DPS chain and go afk.

I'm hoping this server will be different. I really feel like EQ was designed around and shines best in content for 1-4 toons. They gave us some cool tools to use in our kits that don't get used in traditional tank and spank raids. Particularly fighting a mob within the context of a dungeon crawl is a lot different than fighting in the kind of sanitized no-risk raid zones we see PoP+.

(Speaking of which, the only reason raids take so long is because they put a bunch of pointless trash for you to clear before the boss. More trivial timesinks... ugh)

Motoko
08-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Anyway, back to error 1017, I see that a lot of other people are playing on the server. So that makes me think it might be on my end. Except I can literally connect to every other server on the list and walk around and play just fine. The only issue I'm having is with SITS.

sorvani
08-03-2013, 12:38 AM
"I do not think that word means what you think it means."

jak3666
08-03-2013, 02:20 PM
When we give two shits to listen about Varlyndria classes, the non-existent balance, instant leveling with spells, and getting gear from donating....we will go to that server's thread.

Until then, properly allow the discussion of Sanctuary to take place.

Yeah, that!

Davood
08-03-2013, 03:25 PM
sanctuary in the sky is an awesome server idea, I played on it till it went down last year - it has promise.

it is very well balanced up to the point that it had content.. just some exploits related to traveling around but i am sure those can be fixed easily :)

zerjz3
08-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Hey all, the server is currently undergoing maintenance right now and will be down for about another 45 minutes to an hour. On the plus side, later tonight the server will be hosted on stable, fast and reliable hosting!

You may see a server in the list right now called [BETA 2] Sanctuary in the Sky - This is an outdated version of the server from last year so don't be freaked out if you try logging into that and your character is missing. The real server will be back up and in its normal spot near the top of the list shortly.

Kilesh
08-03-2013, 05:19 PM
Awesome News Zerjz!!! Can't wait!

zerjz3
08-03-2013, 06:27 PM
The server is now back up. Disregard the one that says [BETA 2] as it is non-working. The proper server is in the same spot it's always been.

zerjz3
08-04-2013, 05:07 AM
There's something weird going on with the eqemu login server, so the Sanctuary server is down again for the time being.

zerjz3
08-04-2013, 08:19 PM
The server is back up and on its permanent new hosting :)

zerjz3
08-05-2013, 08:30 PM
I have done some patchwork editing of some things to fix some of the problems we have been experiencing this evening. It's not ideal, as we have lost static zones for the meantime, but there shouldn't be any more getting stuck in crashed zones anymore.

Let me know if you have any more problems this evening. Working with the server host to get everything fixed permanently.

jak3666
08-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Fun times in Daggerdepth Lake

http://thumbnails106.imagebam.com/26939/19cc5e269382585.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/19cc5e269382585)

jak3666
08-10-2013, 11:33 AM
Had a great time raiding with everyone last night!

http://thumbnails105.imagebam.com/26981/5ef9a0269807974.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5ef9a0269807974)

zerjz3
08-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Game Updates

+ Please download the GlobalLoad file from the forums to properly view all NPC models

+ Please download the spells_us file from the forums to properly view all spells

+ Chat channels and in-game mail have been enabled

+ Global /ooc has been disabled

+ All spells are now no-drop

+ Boxing multiple characters is now limited to 2 accounts per IP

+ New quests have been added

+ New tradeskill recipes have been added

For more information, please visit sanctuaryeq.weebly.com

jak3666
08-12-2013, 11:06 PM
Janko the Cloaked has finally been defeated by the Xuolia Watchers guild! WOOT good job guys :D

http://thumbnails102.imagebam.com/27021/b25566270204728.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b25566270204728)

zerjz3
08-13-2013, 03:50 PM
: GAME UPDATES :
August 13th, 2013

+ Please download the GlobalLoad file to properly view all NPC models

+ Please download the spells_us file to properly view all spells

+ Courier Vadoov in certain zones will deliver items to other players for you, even if the player is offline when the item is sent. Check it out!

+ All races can now be all classes. Talk to Chatham the Cosmetist in the Sanctuary zone to change your race if you are level 14 or under. All other players will be offered a one-time race change. Talk to Zerjz if you would like to change your race and were above level 14 when this new feature was implemented.

Kilesh
08-15-2013, 10:23 AM
We are looking for some Dps classes to join us, log in and send snow or healya a tell and we'll help you get started!

Halfheighthero
08-19-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm a classic EQ lovin' player who started in the beta over the weekend. I've been super impressed with the effort, creativity, and narrative in just the few areas I've seen so far.

The first chapter for a beginning character has a kind of "taking the red pill" feel to it as you reject a safe but very limited existence and seek your destiny in a legendary place called Norrath that may still exist after alll. I guess finding out what became of it is what comes next, and the point!

Well done devs. Looking forward to more! :D

cyco89
08-25-2013, 08:49 PM
Hey guys,

Id just like to say that this server is awesome! To be honest i have no idea why Im drawn to it at all. I have read all the posts people have posted and i finally realise why!!!! some one stated that its got an old feel to it, this is true! Its got a sense of the old times in it, with exp loss and adventure! This is the reason i love this server!

The server is still in beta so its not 100%, there are still, like many other servers - bugs. Bugs that are getting fixed. The story line is a great one. I love the fact that you have to kill a boss for a particular 'title' weapon or item for your class. These items give you a 'prefix title' which you can switch on and off. This is a fantastic idea and i love it!

Its a very small world and Im sure there is more to come as Z updates the server and expands it for a larger player base. Atm there are only a few of us that play on the server, the server can and does peak to 15-20 people which is good. The players at a higher lvl band together and kill 'raid' mobs which take obviously more than 6 people to defeat. I love the community on this server because everyone is always wanting to help! I always send tells to the new member i see online when i do /who all and i offer them items and help if they ever get stuck of need information. Its a good way to be, its welcoming and makes you feel like this is the place you want to be, around fun friendly people.

Send a tell to me or my brother if you ever log on the server we will help you out :).. Box's are limited to 2 per household. Expemtions can be arranged if you talk to Z im sure. My name is Medousa and my bro is Atlas.

I hope to see you all online soon so we can just have a fun time and own the servers content together :)

Peace,
Your friendly Power RANGER, Medousa.

Naerron
08-25-2013, 09:30 PM
I would also like to add how much i LOOVE this server. The content and lore are very interesting as well as the quest lines. THe difficulty level is on par with classic Everquest and that is something i love about it. I would really recommend coming and giving this server a shot.

lorik
01-03-2014, 07:30 AM
hey guys what happened to the server? atlas here

lorik
01-03-2014, 07:30 AM
i would really like to hop back on the server but i dont think its up anymore? what happened to it? it looked so promising

Nydosa
01-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Zerjz disappeared on us after Baggo left. The server was left hosted by someone else for a long while, although not maintained, and empty as far as I could ever tell.

My forum name there was Pumpkin...I've since learned how to code/dev in hopes of getting that old-world feeling back. :)

zerjz3
01-03-2014, 08:20 PM
I am interested in bringing this project back. More details ASAP

lorik
01-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Atlas here guys. Like I got back into business and had a few family issues because a family member passed away and when I went to log back on it disappeared, I'd love to play on it again me and medousa never wanted to leave please bring it back if you guys need help with donations just ask I'm more than happy to help keep the server going guys

lorik
01-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Playing on other servers just didn't feel the same, I keep getting flash backs of sanctuary in the sky moments especially when I run around in mm or Un rest hehe

lorik
01-03-2014, 08:53 PM
Wow the server is back up, awesome guys thank you heaps been trying to log on Atlas at work to say hello but I can't log in, server log in could be down

lorik
01-03-2014, 09:05 PM
And guys what's the server website again?

zerjz3
01-03-2014, 09:20 PM
I am working to get the server back up this evening. Expect large-scale changes to occur as we prepare to enter Phase II of open beta. Things will be rather different this time around

lorik
01-03-2014, 09:29 PM
I am working to get the server back up this evening. Expect large-scale changes to occur as we prepare to enter Phase II of open beta. Things will be rather different this time around

Sounds awesome, looking forward to it very much so.

zerjz3
01-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Try logging in

lorik
01-03-2014, 11:52 PM
It won't let me log in bro it's locked

lorik
01-03-2014, 11:57 PM
Now that you have unlocked it, I'm trying to log in to the character select screen but it's just a black screen and boots me to the log in screen before server select

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 12:19 AM
Keep trying

lorik
01-04-2014, 01:04 AM
Hey z what client is compatible with the server? Coz I'm currently trying With uf and sod client but it's not working

lorik
01-04-2014, 01:14 AM
Just tried titanium but still didn't let me on

lorik
01-04-2014, 01:40 AM
Hope I can actually log on after work tonight

Mitchell92
01-04-2014, 02:20 PM
I am interested in bringing this project back. More details ASAP

Haven't heard from you on skype or PM on here in ages...

I'd like to get back in contact with you.

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 03:37 PM
The server is up and running in a rolled-back instance. I would invite everyone who has been involved with this server over the past year to please stop by and say hello. There are many changes planned for this server and we'll be doing things differently this time around, what I call "Beta Phase II". I learned quite a bit during last phase and would like for this project to become a less insular, more community-focused endeavor. Please stop by!

lorik
01-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Hey z I'm trying to log on but it's just not letting me man

lorik
01-04-2014, 04:46 PM
Anybody els having this problem?

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 04:52 PM
Lorik I am trying some things to get it to open up a connection for you.

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 05:00 PM
The server will be back up on it's original hosting that we used last fall, but for now I am running it from my personal computer so it's giving me some problems at the moment

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 05:08 PM
You should have no problems getting in now, Lorik

Nydosa
01-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Just a wild guess, but I'd say your network/router settings are not set up correctly. I keep getting booted to server select.

Can you double check the port forwarding and IP settings?

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Port forwarding seems to be set correctly, and my IP is static. Not sure what the issue is. I had the server hosted professionally for so long that I'm running into all kinds of difficulties getting it thrown up on my PC while we get another pro hosting setup up and running. Still looking into it, but everything seems to be configured properly.

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 05:34 PM
Changed a few more settings around, try now

lorik
01-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Still can't log in bro

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 06:00 PM
Maaaybe it'll work now? I just disabled DHCP in my router.

lorik
01-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Give me a sec bro at work I'll try in a tick

lorik
01-04-2014, 06:04 PM
Still not working man

lorik
01-04-2014, 06:06 PM
What's your sky z so we can talk over Skype instead of forums coz it would be easier to talk

zerjz3
01-04-2014, 06:11 PM
It'll all work out in the end, Davood is working right now on getting the server back up on pro hosting, I just wanted to get it running on my machine to be able to talk with some of the old players and let everyone know what's going on with the server. I'll just be patient and wait until he gets it hosted

lorik
01-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Ah ok sweet I might be able to log on after work then, I'm knocking off in 4 hours, hope to see you guys then

zerjz3
01-05-2014, 03:39 AM
The server is officially up, running, and able to be connected to by all. Please note that currently running is a rolled back backup of the server before many of the changes made late in Fall 2013 had been implemented. Major changes to the server itself are currently being made, addressing nearly all of the feedback from every player from the Late Summer 2013 to Fall 2013 Beta phase. I invite everyone to come by and see what's in store for the now infamous Sanctuary server.

- Z

zerjz3
01-06-2014, 07:10 PM
Leave the protection and the xenophobia of the Sanctuary in the Sky and enter the world below through the New Nexus. Once a cold abandoned building, this large room serves as a community center and travel hub. The building was founded and opened to the public by the innovative Society of Rediscovery and they maintain and moderate its functionality as a place for the exchange of ideas and resources.

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/29943/8f1dd9299424587.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/8f1dd9299424587)

Make the legendary journey to Xuolia through the glowing halls of Malefixx, Fortress of Mana and survive the onslaught of manatouched creatures that dwell within.

http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/29961/19c0fc299606837.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/19c0fc299606837)

Brave the mana orcs in the Hold of GalVae and slay the legendary Lord Luxxor, guard of the toll bridge. Use stealth to dodge the aggressive GalVae guards as they defend their home from wayfarers and their rival faction, The Xuolia Watchers.

http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29942/367d77299416806.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/367d77299416806)

Take refuge in the bustling capitol city of Xuolia and meet its many colorful residents. Gain favor with the city's Watchers and interact with the many shopkeepers and merchants filling the purple halls of the metropolis.

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/29942/c0a696299416808.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c0a696299416808)

Scout for the missing band of Xuolian Watchers sent into the crypts of the Xuolia Underground and discover their fate. What dark force resides in these forsaken chambers?

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29943/0d0e88299424591.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/0d0e88299424591)

zerjz3
01-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Prepare yourself on the tranquil docks by the waters of S`Aquia, City of the Sirens. A beautiful ancient marble city has been claimed by the alluring and vicious sirens of the S`Aquia family. Dispatch their armed efreeti sentinels and fight your way through the outskirts of the city as you come face to face with the sirens themselves and their kingdom of charmed followers.

http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/29942/9dcfb1299411288.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9dcfb1299411288)

Vacation on the tropical island of Telvaz, known for its always pleasant temperatures and clear waters as much as its poisonous snakes and exotic fauna. Uncover the island's secrets and investigate the cult of dark sorcerers gathered at the mysterious crater in the island's center.

http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29942/52d0c9299414433.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/52d0c9299414433)

Search an underground lair full of secretive alchemists and their living golem creations. Plunge deep into the ruins to discover what unholy failed experiments the alchemists had attempted long before.

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/29961/142ef7299609208.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/142ef7299609208)

zerjz3
01-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Embrace the darkness and step through a portal into Mal`Syrian, Villa of the Witches as its resident witches drain you of spirit and feed on your misery. Defeat the demonic beings summoned by the witches and make your way to the basement to pay tribute to the Demon Lord MalSerallo. The price: your soul.

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/29942/24aa22299415497.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/24aa22299415497)

Cross through the enchanted black woods of Rioshu and enter the courtyard of Marid Manor, a centuries old mansion inhabited by the rogue djinn Marids and their dreamworld conjurations.

http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/29943/703c49299421500.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/703c49299421500)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29943/544617299420545.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/544617299420545)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29943/10590b299420548.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/10590b299420548)

zerjz3
01-06-2014, 08:49 PM
+ Hundreds of rare and ultra rare items +

Stand out from the crowd in valuable collectible items. Discover items so rare that they'll be one-of-a-kind in your possession for a long time to come. Collect interesting and useful treasures from every corner of the world, at every level range, and amass a huge collection of trinkets and fashion pieces.

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29962/7ec043299611240.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/7ec043299611240)
http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/29962/3b8129299612038.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3b8129299612038)
http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/29962/09b544299613082.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/09b544299613082)
http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29963/20f4e3299622790.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/20f4e3299622790)

zerjz3
01-06-2014, 11:24 PM
+ Multiclassing System +

Choose your own character development and unlock unique custom class abilities based on your playstyle and item choices. Fill your hotbars with specialty equipment designed to add new spells and attacks for each class. Will you be a Samurai, a monk capable of great destruction with his stealth abilities, razor sharp bladed weapons, and endless disguises and illusions? Or will you choose the path of the White Monk, a peaceful sage focused on purifying the body of himself and his allies to augment their defenses and heal their wounds? Perhaps you'll be something else entirely, such as the Blue Wizard, a sorcerer specializing in the positive and negative manipulations of mana.

http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/29945/c7fc78299444839.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c7fc78299444839)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29945/fcaba6299445886.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/fcaba6299445886)
http://thumbnails104.imagebam.com/29945/c8e6d7299447466.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c8e6d7299447466)

+ Open Race System +

Players can enjoy an endless number of character combinations with the open race system, allowing any class to be any race

http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29946/d06a17299455452.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d06a17299455452)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29946/14c919299450608.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/14c919299450608)
http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/29946/9c5f84299453785.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9c5f84299453785)

zerjz3
01-07-2014, 12:42 AM
+ Beta Gift +

New and returning players logging in from January 7 - January 21 will receive a special commemorative gift to replace their Spiritstone. Speak to the hologram in the New Nexus to claim your limited edition prize!

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29962/a89957299615522.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a89957299615522)
http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/29962/01458a299617820.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/01458a299617820)

+ New World Path +

Enjoy an all-new zone progression welcoming all players levels 10 to 50. Journey to a new area of the world by helping the plumbers union of Oakenshield save their Princess Ruby from the dragon King Kupakai. Travel through the Dripdrain Sewer System and into the Kingdom of Fungus and beyond.

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29962/a6bfa8299619837.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/a6bfa8299619837)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29962/90ee39299619835.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/90ee39299619835)
http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29962/44949d299619832.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/44949d299619832)
http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29963/05a9b5299620960.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/05a9b5299620960)

Ozium
01-07-2014, 05:46 AM
not loading for HoT client

sorvani
01-07-2014, 10:56 AM
not loading for HoT client

That would likely be because there is not a valid HoT client.

satora54
01-07-2014, 10:56 AM
I cant login either on Hybrid Client

satora54
01-07-2014, 11:04 AM
That would likely be because there is not a valid HoT client.

I'm assuming he's talking about Underfoot/Hot Hybrid client that most people use.

Nydosa
01-07-2014, 11:14 AM
How far back was the rollback? I can't see any of my characters from playing in July/August. I do see my charater Leaf is in your screen shots, and is no longer a gnome. =P

Assuming that means they were all deleted?

zerjz3
01-07-2014, 02:10 PM
This rollback version currently running is from before last Summer/Fall's Beta phase officially opened. Once we are back on our permanent hosting and Beta Phase 2 is launched, it will be a modern version of the database with all the new changes being discussed. Please note that there will be a full character wipe when the server once again goes live. We just have a version of the server up right now for anyone who wants to drop by and see what's been going on.

Ozium
01-07-2014, 06:36 PM
ok it let me in today not sure why it wouldn't last nite. i remember your server now because i did something i did way back when you opened and it's still not fixed lol ... attacking the hard to reach book kills you ...

but there seems to be a bug in your sever code as i won't repawn or load into the world untill after the LD timer kicks me, this has never happened on any other server.

zerjz3
01-08-2014, 03:08 AM
In preparation for this week's launch of Phase 2 of our beta testing, we have opened a new forum at http://sanctuaryeq.yuku.com/ - Please see our forums for more in depth information about the Sanctuary server

Maze_EQ
01-08-2014, 07:24 AM
I came, more than twice reading this thread.

Definitely playing tonight.

Shirodan
01-08-2014, 08:58 AM
I'm having issues logging into the server and zoning. Seems random. I'm using the HoT/Hybrid client.

zerjz3
01-08-2014, 04:35 PM
Connection issues and crashing on zoning are temporary side effects of this patchwork transition code being used right now. All problems relating to joining the server and staying connected will be fixed when the new beta goes live this week.

zerjz3
01-08-2014, 05:27 PM
+ Epic Raids +

Gather your allies to tackle thoughtful, story-driven raid content. Create strategies and gear up with your friends to defeat the raid bosses and soar to all new heights.

http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29981/b25566299803160.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b25566299803160)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29981/3556d8299803159.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/3556d8299803159)
http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/29981/14866b299804878.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/14866b299804878)
http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/29981/78e119299805358.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/78e119299805358)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29981/56ab2a299806494.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/56ab2a299806494)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29981/6249b4299808318.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/6249b4299808318)

zerjz3
01-08-2014, 08:38 PM
+ Expanded and Reloaded Content +

Gain access to previously closed and inaccessible areas of the world with all new content that expands the zones you came to know in previous beta phases!

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29984/696e9f299834616.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/696e9f299834616)
http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29984/9659f9299834891.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/9659f9299834891)
http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/29984/e85f1e299836605.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/e85f1e299836605)

zerjz3
01-08-2014, 09:04 PM
+ Dynamic Guild System +

Become a member of different guilds, clubs, and societies as you adventure across the world. Join up with community members who have similar goals as you to face your challenges head on as a team. Pick which community best serves your interest, and express your involvement in the world with dynamic guilds!

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29984/5f068f299838999.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/5f068f299838999)
http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/29984/31f31f299839004.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/31f31f299839004)
http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/29984/b67532299839693.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b67532299839693)
http://thumbnails109.imagebam.com/29985/b328f4299840714.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/b328f4299840714)

zerjz3
01-09-2014, 08:13 PM
Guides for some of the starting quests and areas are being created for new players. The guides are illustrated and written in-character, keeping true to the immersive feeling the server conveys. You can check out two of these guides, "Leaving the Sanctuary" and "The Broken Pocket Watch" at http://sanctuaryeq.yuku.com/forums/70#.Us86m9JDsrQ

goldcow
01-10-2014, 04:50 AM
im doing an LP of this server this time around. played back in beta and def wanna capture this weird and amazing server in a lets play series while it's around again , check it out if you're on the fence about the server i guess

EPISODE ONE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDRCcYCzNpM&feature=youtu.be
EPISODE TWO http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhWyN-ks34U
EPISODE THREE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY_rSeo_riY&feature=youtu.be

for the rest i'll be posting the links on my thread on the sanctuary forum at http://sanctuaryeq.yuku.com/topic/14#.UtCB5dJDsrQ

Thorkinal
01-10-2014, 04:56 AM
tried logging in using titanium and hybrid neither will connect.

Asinine
01-10-2014, 06:03 AM
Hi i played a while back, and i am wondering why i cant log into the server without gettiing a 1017 error....

I feel like i have earned this compensation token u are giving out and i have 3 accounts from back in the day...

if you can help me to resolve my issue i would really appreciate it..

Thanks btw and great server

zerjz3
01-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Asinine, login issues will be fixed when the Beta 2 goes live and we have the server up on its official hosting.

Asinine
01-10-2014, 04:55 PM
when will this be because i want to get my tokenns before the 21'st btw i had no characters on ur server in my account but i played a shammy mage and sk
and was on before and after yall switched hub zone to old bazaar

zerjz3
01-10-2014, 06:32 PM
We are running a new version of our transition code right now under the name Sanctuary in the Sky on the server selection screen. Login issues should be fixed now. Official server will be opening up this weekend.

Asinine
01-10-2014, 07:21 PM
I Love You And Asinine Loves No One

Asinine
01-10-2014, 07:25 PM
NM its up just seen it

Asinine
01-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Ok now im getting error 1017 again any idea why this is going on just wondering

goldcow
01-10-2014, 08:34 PM
i haven't been able to connect all day

zerjz3
01-10-2014, 08:42 PM
+ Feedback +

Any time you have a thought or an idea about the server, Feedback is there to listen. The latest innovation in experimental technology from The Weldeheart Corporation, Feedback will monitor your messages to her for helpful information and bug reports and pass them along. In emergency situations, Feedback can also dispatch a customer service representative to help you!

http://thumbnails101.imagebam.com/30034/f4c443300333216.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/f4c443300333216)

Asinine
01-10-2014, 10:53 PM
I got in on one account after trying to sign in 100000000000000 times now just to get the other 2 chars in

j3wman
01-11-2014, 05:11 PM
Any idea's when server will be up?

zerjz3
01-11-2014, 09:40 PM
The server will be open and fully functional tonight 1-11-14, with update patches starting tomorrow morning 1-12-14. Players will be able to create their Beta 2 characters when the server opens tonight, and keep them when Beta 2 goes fully live.

Shirodan
01-12-2014, 09:17 AM
I noticed the server is back up, but I can't seem to join it. My EQ just locks up when I attempt to join the server. No issues joining other servers and have tried other clients as well.

I'm really interested in the server. I hope the issues get sorted out.

zerjz3
01-12-2014, 07:16 PM
The server is up on its final hosting and we would like to officially launch Beta 2. All are welcome to join!

Davood
01-13-2014, 05:06 PM
i just checked this out seems to be back online again 20 people on! looks interesting, kind of a hard core romp around with a fresh take on *Everything* related to the content, aside from the hardcoded class and race system. i like it.

zerjz3
01-17-2014, 09:12 PM
+ Fungus Witch

The Fungus Witch is a Druid who has become so attuned with nature's bounty of plants that they have started utilizing these plants in powerful ways. Beginning with mushrooms and fungus, these nature witches are able to brew beneficial potions and enchantments for herself and her allies.

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/30199/4c3247301988535.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/4c3247301988535)

zerjz3
01-17-2014, 09:13 PM
+ Monster Summoner

Using specially designed summoning orbs, these mages are capable of calling forth great and powerful beasts from the areas they travel to. A Monster Summoner forgoes the ways of elemental summoning magics to specialize in the command of dimensional summoning capabilities.

http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/30199/024b84301983950.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/024b84301983950)

zerjz3
01-17-2014, 09:13 PM
+ Rift Walker

Delving even deeper into dimensional magics, these magicians can open and walk through interdimensional rifts in the world to facilitate fast travel, even taking others with them through the portals.

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/30199/97d7a8301984035.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/97d7a8301984035)

zerjz3
01-17-2014, 10:03 PM
+ All classes can be all races - See Chatham the Cosmetist in the Sanctuary to select your race
+ A new zone has opened for testing! See Pawarsh the Plumber in the New Nexus to adventure to the Dripdrain Sewers and begin your quest to save Princess Ruby of the Kingdom of Fungus!
+ New loot has been added to certain creatures
+ The classes for Kupakai Shell Shard are now more appropriate for a one hand slashing weapon
+ Sewer Slime Shroud is now wearable by all races
+ Lawarsh the Meek in the Dripdrain Sewer Systems has found his voice
+ The ladder in Dripdrain Sewer Systems is now functional
+ A new area of the Quicksilver Manor has been opened
+ The ladder in Dripdrain Sewer Systems now properly works for players on all clients
+ An exit back to the sewers has been added to the entrance of Oakenrod
+ The death experience loss rate has been lowered
+ The experience gain rate has been lowered
+ New items have been added to some of the bosses in Oakenrod
+ Creatures in the Dripdrain Sewer Systems and Oakenrod now drop less platinum
+ Global OOC chat has been enabled
+ A new zone has opened for testing - Delve into the underground Agarica Cave!
+ New quests have been added for Druids in the Fungus Kingdom area
+ Spiteful Crows have had their difficulty increased
+ Some items are now properly granting titles
+ Blue Mushroom Potions now have the correct effect when used
+ Some multiclass titles have changed
+ Changes have been made to aggro and taunt, with the intent to improve pet and melee aggro holding
+ The death experience penalty continues to be adjusted over time to find the right difficulty balance
+ Feign death no longer kills pets
+ Item drop rates on some encounters have been adjusted

zerjz3
01-18-2014, 08:49 AM
+ Shadecaller

The Shadecaller is heavily involved in the occult, and more than just a mere dabbler. They conjure forth ghoulish demonic forces from the underworld to protect them and their allies in battle. But when dealing with such darkness, who is really in control?

http://thumbnails112.imagebam.com/30211/7ef6b8302104419.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/7ef6b8302104419)

​http://thumbnails111.imagebam.com/30211/92e43a302104348.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/92e43a302104348)

Thorkinal
01-18-2014, 09:53 PM
+ The experience gain rate has been lowered

Damn, Was already a timesink as it was...

zerjz3
01-20-2014, 01:24 AM
+ A new questline for rogues has been added, starting in the New Nexus
+ King Kupakai now has dialogue
+ The death experience penalty continues to be adjusted to find the proper balance
+ Quicksilver Manor now gives less experience than before

zerjz3
01-20-2014, 01:49 AM
NEW MULTICLASS OPTIONS WILL BE POSTED AS THEY ARE UNLOCKED BY PLAYERS

+ Imp
The trickiest of all the rogues, these mischievous characters flit about existence swindling, pranking, robbing, and influencing whomever and whatever they please. They are chaos manifest in a slick, smooth talking body and the imp will have you at their bidding before you've even finished shaking hands.

http://thumbnails110.imagebam.com/30259/75da7f302584938.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/75da7f302584938)

zerjz3
01-22-2014, 11:15 PM
+ The hourly disconnection issue has been resolved once and for all
+ A new zone has opened for testing! Put on your best clothing and mingle with the guests of the Moonlight Banquet
+ Some creatures now drop additional loot

ak48
01-24-2014, 12:55 PM
+ The hourly disconnection issue has been resolved once and for all

Anyone who was turned off by the connection issues, come and give it another go. There is always new content coming out, things to discover, etc. We also just begun developing a wiki page, granted there isn't really much if any useful information there yet but feel free to contribute any information you do find if/when you decide to join us.

ajstyles65
02-10-2014, 10:00 AM
is this server still up n running i don't see it in the emu list or maybe im just blind

Vexyl
02-10-2014, 12:27 PM
I still see it on the list. Look for Sanctuary, not Sanctuary in the Sky.

ajstyles65
02-10-2014, 03:27 PM
Ahhh nvm i have played it already was to extreme for me and since i am not one for grouping it was a bad choice for me ;) but best of luck to the server owner on his server