PDA

View Full Version : No answer to hails (East Commonlands)

rudeboy88
07-22-2013, 05:21 PM
Heya all

I was just working on putting in a quest npc in EC and after getting him in and giving him a script in perl he is not answering to my hails. I was looking at
this common errors guide (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerCommonErrors) which said that some zones might not
support perl and to check my zonelog, but I wasn't sure of where to find that and after a windows search of my comp I still didn't see it. I did however
find in my quests folder the perl quest with my npc's name on it and my quest text in it, so I figured I would post up my code here and ask:

Is east commonlands a zone that doesn't support perl?

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/hail/i)
{
quest::rain(1);
quest::doanim (12);
quest::say ("Brr... greetings.. $name, is it? Pleasant to finally meet you, adventurer, I have heard of your exploits. It has been two months since the overlords of the world abandoned many of the humanoids in our beloved Norrath. The nerve! Just because the gnomish race is shorter than them does not mean we lack the [power] to take back the lands which are rightfully ours!");
}
}

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if($text=~/power/i)
{
quest::say ("Yes, along with tinkering us gnomes have our talents. However this issue is not exclusively a plight of the gnomes... it is a problem many Norrathians are now facing. The weather grows cold, our tiny fingers ache, and our hearts fill with hatred. We cannot live this way! Please accept my apologies, I do not mean to be so enraged, but if you would be willing to aid me in taking back our lands I will give you access to the homes of the gods.");
quest::assigntask (300);
}
}

rudeboy88
07-22-2013, 05:26 PM
lol, I guess I didn't think to try it in a different zone first, lemme try that and see if it works

rudeboy88
07-22-2013, 05:31 PM
hmm, well tried it in poknowledge and it still didn't work

lerxst2112
07-22-2013, 06:35 PM
You have two EVENT_SAY functions. Combine them. Look at other quests for examples.

rudeboy88
07-22-2013, 07:30 PM
Doh! didn't even realize, thanks a bunch looks like its working fine now :smile: