PDA

View Full Version : Hail distance?

jshows1
08-29-2013, 05:28 PM
Working quests, I noticed that to hail an npc you have to be almost right on top of them. Is the hail distance set somewhere in the pl files? Or is that controlled in the database?

I've been trying to locate this information in order to expand the hail distance a bit but have not had any luck finding where this data is stored.

Akkadius
08-29-2013, 05:31 PM
Working quests, I noticed that to hail an npc you have to be almost right on top of them. Is the hail distance set somewhere in the pl files? Or is that controlled in the database?

I've been trying to locate this information in order to expand the hail distance a bit but have not had any luck finding where this data is stored.

jshows, if you set an NPC's proximity using either the quest::set_proximity or the plugin that I created plugin::SetProx(x/y radius, z radius), you can then initiate your dialogue through

sub EVENT_PROXIMITY_SAY

With this, you could technically initiate say from across the zone depending on your proximity box.

Hopefully this helps.

~Akkadius

jshows1
08-29-2013, 05:51 PM
Ok great. Thanks so much Akkadian. That helps!

smcallister88
06-10-2017, 08:26 AM
I'm not sure if anyone else runs into an issue similar to this. My fix to having to be up in the NPCs personal space in order to hail was to add data to the 'rules_values' table.
'ruleset_id = 1', 'rule_name = RangeSay', and 'rule_value = 2000'. That way the issue is fixed serverwide.